Posted to rec.audio.pro
Al Al is offline

Default xcanv3 crispy sound

Hello,

I've got a pair of HD-650 Sennheiser headphones and a Music Fidelity X-
CAN v3. It's the first time I connect them, and I'm hearing crispy
noise all the time especially at the left side. What's that? It's
something to do with the tubes warm-up? or should I connect to ground
or smth.
please help! thanks!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Al wrote:

Hello,

I've got a pair of HD-650 Sennheiser headphones and a Music Fidelity
X- CAN v3. It's the first time I connect them, and I'm hearing crispy
noise all the time especially at the left side. What's that? It's
something to do with the tubes warm-up? or should I connect to ground
or smth.
please help! thanks!

Is there some kind of sensitivity mismatch in your total setup that causes
preamplifier-type noise to be more audible than it ought to be?

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Al Al is offline

On Oct 21, 6:16 pm, "Peter Larsen" wrote:
Al wrote:
Hello,
I've got a pair of HD-650 Sennheiser headphones and a Music Fidelity
X- CAN v3. It's the first time I connect them, and I'm hearing crispy
noise all the time especially at the left side. What's that? It's
something to do with the tubes warm-up? or should I connect to ground
or smth.
please help! thanks!

Is there some kind of sensitivity mismatch in your total setup that causes
preamplifier-type noise to be more audible than it ought to be?

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

well it's just laptop-xcanv3-hd650 so i'm not sure...

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Al" wrote ...
"Peter Larsen" wrote:
Al wrote:
Hello,
I've got a pair of HD-650 Sennheiser headphones and a Music
Fidelity
X- CAN v3. It's the first time I connect them, and I'm hearing
crispy
noise all the time especially at the left side. What's that? It's
something to do with the tubes warm-up? or should I connect to
ground
or smth.
please help! thanks!

Is there some kind of sensitivity mismatch in your total setup that
causes
preamplifier-type noise to be more audible than it ought to be?

well it's just laptop-xcanv3-hd650 so i'm not sure...

So perform the usual differential diagnosis drill...
Do you hear the noise with no connection between the
laptop and the XCanV3? What does that tell you
about the source of the noise and/or distortion?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Al wrote:
Hello,
I've got a pair of HD-650 Sennheiser headphones and a Music Fidelity
X- CAN v3. It's the first time I connect them, and I'm hearing
crispy noise all the time especially at the left side. What's that?
It's something to do with the tubes warm-up? or should I connect to
ground or smth.
please help! thanks!

Is there some kind of sensitivity mismatch in your total setup that
causes preamplifier-type noise to be more audible than it ought to
be?

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

well it's just laptop-xcanv3-hd650 so i'm not sure...

Happy soldering .... 12 dB attenuation will probably do just fine for a
first attempt, but you may need more so as to prevent some idiotic beep from
causing temporary deafness. One known source of idiotic beeps is the windows
mixer application in this here xp-thingy, YES with system sounds OFF it will
beep at 0 dB FS when volume is adjusted. Microsoft sure knows best ....

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Hi Al,

All of the stuff below probably voided by the fact that the xcanv3 does have
a volume control.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen