Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Emu 0404 -- Creative?

I can't find my original question, so I'll ask again.

Is Emu just a sector of Creative or did they buy another
company? I generally stay away from anything with the
Creative name on it, but if they simply bought out another
company that was making good products, then that might be ok.

The EMU0404 looks great for the price... just what I need.
I'm mostly concerned about transparent and quiet analog
audio in/out. I may also go in S/PDIF, but I have to guess
that one is like another; copy bytes faithfully, and all is
well. I suppose there is clock jitter to think about.

I want to replace my Midiman Delta44, which is a clean
enough analog path for me, but the card will not do for
other reasons.

Thanks,

Tobiah