Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] franzen_torres@yahoo.com is offline

Default Semi-Standing Keyboard Seat

I once saw an ad for a keyboard seat where the user was leaning his
buttocks against the semi-inclined seat pad in a position that was
halfway between sitting and standing. I need that kind of seat because
my present keyboard height is taller than normal. I have to use a
drummer's throne and it is very uncomfortable because the front edge
of the seat presses against my privates when I lean forward. It's the
same problem that bikers have, and that's whey they invented the bike
seat with that cut-away crotch design. It also provides adequate
ventilation. I wonder why nobody has invented something like that for
musicians. Do they think pianists have no balls (joke)?

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:32:53 -0000, "
wrote:

I once saw an ad for a keyboard seat where the user was leaning his
buttocks against the semi-inclined seat pad in a position that was
halfway between sitting and standing. I need that kind of seat because
my present keyboard height is taller than normal. I have to use a
drummer's throne and it is very uncomfortable because the front edge
of the seat presses against my privates when I lean forward. It's the
same problem that bikers have, and that's whey they invented the bike
seat with that cut-away crotch design. It also provides adequate
ventilation. I wonder why nobody has invented something like that for
musicians. Do they think pianists have no balls (joke)?

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Your favourite seat can be raised to any desired height easily enough.
Make some raisers, or buy them in a shop that sells aids for the
elderly. They sell them to raise armchairs to a height easier for
arthritic users to get in and out.

Or get a drum throne with a circular seat, not the saddle type.

Or get castrated :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Oct 12, 6:32 am, "
wrote:
I once saw an ad for a keyboard seat where the user was leaning his
buttocks against the semi-inclined seat pad in a position that was
halfway between sitting and standing. I need that kind of seat because
my present keyboard height is taller than normal. I have to use a
drummer's throne and it is very uncomfortable because the front edge
of the seat presses against my privates when I lean forward. It's the
same problem that bikers have, and that's whey they invented the bike
seat with that cut-away crotch design. It also provides adequate
ventilation. I wonder why nobody has invented something like that for
musicians. Do they think pianists have no balls (joke)?

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've tried those and you can't use a sus ped when you use those.
They'er not that nice to sit in for long either. When you go to the
store they are nice for about 5 minutes. One gig and you will hate
it..... or maybe that's just be, but I'd go with a tall seat or a
shorter stand.

Musiciansfirend.com has a stand that I just bought for about $60 that
is REALLY nice. It holds 2 keys with weight up to 395lb but the price
went up to $70 this week.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...and?sku=450341
I love the stand, there are no wiggles - if this works for you

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

Danny T wrote:

I've tried those and you can't use a sus ped when you use those.
They'er not that nice to sit in for long either. When you go to the
store they are nice for about 5 minutes. One gig and you will hate
it..... or maybe that's just be, but I'd go with a tall seat or a
shorter stand.

I wonder how Barry Manilow does it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Danny T wrote:
I've tried those and you can't use a sus ped when you use those.
They'er not that nice to sit in for long either. When you go to
the store they are nice for about 5 minutes. One gig and you will
hate it..... or maybe that's just be, but I'd go with a tall seat
or a shorter stand.

I wonder how Barry Manilow does it.

DOn't know, but I used to use a sustain, at times a foot
pedal for fast/slow lEslie and a volume pedal for the leslie
combo, and sometimes another volume as well.
YET for the compactness and ability to get where I could
hear well I liked to be almost standing, or to actually be
standing when I did such things as sing harmony.

My solution a tall utility stool or bar stool that was
solid, no swivel, but a three legged stool was just perfect.
I could "lean" my butt against it when I wanted to be
standing quickly, or I could sit on it, and I"d position
said stool where I could sit on it and still reach pedals
with my feet, yet stand in front of it when desired.

NOw it always took me about the first 20 minutes to get
myself positioned exactly right, but once i did the gig was
comfortable.

I find that playing height in relation to the keyboard I use
primarily for piano which I play with both hands has a lot
to do with how I feel at the end of the gig. pOsitioned too
low from my body and I get it in the wrists and shoulders at
the end of the gig.

I"m a short guy though, only about 5 3 and that might make a
difference too, but I find those cheapy stools just the
right height for setting up in cramped quarters and where I
want to stand as much as I sit.
I"ve tried drummers' thrones and all sorts of things, but
the stool works as well as anything, and they're all over at
about the right height.

THose chapie four legged jobs they've got at WAl Mart are a
bit too tall for me, but I went out and bought one of those
adjustable folding benches a couple of years ago and I like
it too.
REgards,

Richard webb,
Replace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real
email address.

Standing On the Outside, Looking In Iain Churches Vacuum Tubes 13 May 2nd 07 05:03 PM
Getting rid of standing waves Matrixmusic Pro Audio 11 April 1st 05 07:53 PM
Need amp to fit under driver's seat Steve Car Audio 1 January 12th 05 08:31 PM
SEAT AURA CD Skorupa Car Audio 0 November 28th 04 12:45 PM
88-key keyboard and keyboard amp list by weight? George Pro Audio 6 July 18th 03 10:18 AM