Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam79 adam79 is offline

Default apple logic pro 8 vs logic 8 express

is logic express to logic pro like pro tools le is to pro tools hd?

thanks,
-adam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

adam79 wrote:

is logic express to logic pro like pro tools le is to pro tools hd?

Apple's site does a good job in explaining the differences.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

Mogens V. wrote:

I didn't write down notes on the diffs, because they're too small, i.e.
a question of bells and whizzles, to make it worth the relatively small
price difference, now that Pro 8 is offered at only $500.

I got Express for less than half that. Even after being in sales for
many years, I still believe that one should spend money only when it's
needed.

When I can't do what I need to do, I'll upgrade.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

adam79 wrote:
is logic express to logic pro like pro tools le is to pro tools hd?

I attended a Logic Studio / Pro 8 demo/workshop last monday.
The show holder explained the few differences between Pro and Express,
and we all came to the conclusion that we really didn't understood why
Apple keeps Express around.

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam79 adam79 is offline

i asked cuz i sold my macbook pro and i'm getting an apple mini.. express
only costs $199.99 when u get it with the mini.

"DC" wrote in message
. ..
Mogens V. wrote:

I didn't write down notes on the diffs, because they're too small, i.e. a
question of bells and whizzles, to make it worth the relatively small
price difference, now that Pro 8 is offered at only $500.

I got Express for less than half that. Even after being in sales for many
years, I still believe that one should spend money only when it's needed.

When I can't do what I need to do, I'll upgrade.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

adam79 wrote:
i asked cuz i sold my macbook pro and i'm getting an apple mini.. express
only costs $199.99 when u get it with the mini.

Of cause, that I didn't know Sounds like a good price to me..
Standalone price diff here in DK is above half of the full monty. Plus I
was biased in that I want to experiment with MainStage, which AFAIR
isn't in the Express package.

"DC" wrote in message
. ..

Mogens V. wrote:

I didn't write down notes on the diffs, because they're too small, i.e. a
question of bells and whizzles, to make it worth the relatively small
price difference, now that Pro 8 is offered at only $500.

I got Express for less than half that. Even after being in sales for many
years, I still believe that one should spend money only when it's needed.

When I can't do what I need to do, I'll upgrade.

Don't know about upgrade price from Express to Pro 8; maybe worth
checking out, as I won't need all features from day one.
Thanks for reminding me!

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.