Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam79 adam79 is offline

Default PT LE - Mac vs Windows

Hey. I'm currently running Pro Tools LE on a Macbook Pro w/ the MBox2. I
sold the Macbook Pro the other day for $2200. I figured I could by an
Apple G5 mini and then have the extra money to buy a nice piece of
equipment. I've been a windows person forever, until I got the MacBook
Pro last summer. I still like the windows interface better. If you were
to take a PC and Mac with the same specs and run PT LE, would it run the
same, or is it more stable on OS X vs Windows Vista? I don't wanna spend
more than $600, $800 tops, on the computer. I was thinking of buying all
the parts and putting together a custom windows DAW. Any suggestions or
comments?

Thanks,
-Adam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

adam79 wrote:

Hey. I'm currently running Pro Tools LE on a Macbook Pro w/ the MBox2. I
sold the Macbook Pro the other day for $2200. I figured I could by an
Apple G5 mini and then have the extra money to buy a nice piece of
equipment. I've been a windows person forever, until I got the MacBook
Pro last summer. I still like the windows interface better. If you were
to take a PC and Mac with the same specs and run PT LE, would it run the
same, or is it more stable on OS X vs Windows Vista? I don't wanna spend
more than $600, $800 tops, on the computer. I was thinking of buying all
the parts and putting together a custom windows DAW. Any suggestions or
comments?

Have you recorded anything yet?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam79 adam79 is offline

DC wrote:

Have you recorded anything yet?

yeah.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
kooz kooz is offline

I'm not sure if the current version of PTLE is compatable with Windows
Vista yet, however, I'm here to suggest you go to duc.digidesign.com
and look in their PTLE for Windows forum for hints, tips, tricks, etc
on building a machine. There are a few people there who know what
works from experience.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Hassan Davis Hassan  Davis is offline

On Oct 8, 6:36 pm, adam79 wrote:
Hey. I'm currently running Pro Tools LE on a Macbook Pro w/ the MBox2. I
sold the Macbook Pro the other day for $2200. I figured I could by an
Apple G5 mini and then have the extra money to buy a nice piece of
equipment. I've been a windows person forever, until I got the MacBook
Pro last summer. I still like the windows interface better. If you were
to take a PC and Mac with the same specs and run PT LE, would it run the
same, or is it more stable on OS X vs Windows Vista? I don't wanna spend
more than $600, $800 tops, on the computer. I was thinking of buying all
the parts and putting together a custom windows DAW. Any suggestions or
comments?

Thanks,
-Adam

Hi Adam.

Currently, LE is not certified to run on Vista. Also, Digi has a
compatibility alert for LE and OS X (10.4.9 and above). See he

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=22904

Hassan

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Edwin Hurwitz Edwin Hurwitz is offline

In article . com,
Hassan Davis wrote:

On Oct 8, 6:36 pm, adam79 wrote:
[...]

I had that problem with OS X and it was solved by downloading the pre
binding patch. works fine now.

Edwin
--
If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your
enemies.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam79 adam79 is offline

well forget vista, windows xp. I'm running OS X 10.4.10 and PT LE runs
fine. Never had an error message yet. I'm probably gonna stick with the MAC.

24 bit with windows xp [email protected] Pro Audio 3 May 9th 06 11:24 AM
Mac run Windows now. nappy Pro Audio 29 April 16th 06 05:31 PM
Windows XP SP1 vs. Windows 2000 SP4 Oistein Pro Audio 30 October 14th 04 06:47 PM
CD Identifiers when used with Windows MP Office Pro Audio 3 August 27th 04 02:50 PM
1/3 octave eq for windows ansermetniac Marketplace 0 May 1st 04 04:36 AM