Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

Default Rack Mount Power Supplies to Replace Wall Warts?

Rack Mount Power supplies to replace Wall Warts.

I know I've seen devices like ths in the past. any clue to
manufacturers?

Peavey made one in the distant past, but no longer.

Any other clues?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Richard Kuschel" wrote ...
Rack Mount Power supplies to replace Wall Warts.

I know I've seen devices like ths in the past. any clue to
manufacturers?

Peavey made one in the distant past, but no longer.

Any other clues?

For a bunch of the same kind of unit?
Or a generic solution for all comers?

There is such a wide variety of connectors, voltages,
currents, polarities, etc. And because you never know
what all the grounding schemes are, all the outputs
must be isolated from each other, besides.

The slickest thing I saw was a 2-rack-unit case in which
you could plug in all your warts and keep them contained,
etc. with just the cord hanging out the back to go to the
powered unit.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

On Oct 8, 5:30 pm, Richard Kuschel wrote:
Rack Mount Power supplies to replace Wall Warts.

I know I've seen devices like ths in the past. any clue to
manufacturers?

Peavey made one in the distant past, but no longer.

Any other clues?

voodoo lab makes a unit called the pedal power ac. it's all isolated
ac outputs with a variety of connector types available. although made
for guitar rig situations, it will power lots of stuff. I know, for
example, you could power a rack of rnc's and rnp's with it. they also
have one for dc outputs, but you don't see dc requirements too often
in the pro audio stuff i gather.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Oct 8, 5:30 pm, Richard Kuschel wrote:

I know I've seen devices like ths in the past. any clue to
manufacturers?

One that's been trying to get noticed is mPathix. I saw them at NAMM
two years ago, and they've been running "It's Here" teaser ads for the
past several months. They have some pretty good ideas (and it's not
cheap) but it's not the perfect solution.

You can program each output for voltage and polarity and get a range
of adapters to fit most of the standard coax power connectors. It
supplies a reasonable range of regulated DC voltages and currents but
doesn't have AC outputs.

A clever feature is that you can connect a wall wart to a test jack on
the unit and it will create a "profile" which you can then assign to
one of the outputs, so it will figure out how to power a unit
(assuming you have the proper power supply ) without having to read
the power specs. I'm not sure how well this works with devices that
use an unregulated supply. You can connect a computer to it and
program a turn-on sequence as well as read and modify all of the
output voltages and currents. Built-in memory, of course, so it
remembers all its settings (you hope!).

For something that should simplify your life, it's pretty complicated
to set up, but it could be effective for the right kind of user with
the right mix of equipment.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Edwin Hurwitz Edwin Hurwitz is offline

Juice Goose made one which works very well called the 12 pak. It has 9
and 18 volt options for AC (up to two amps per outlet) and 9 and 12
volts up to a total of 1.5 amps DC. It's a bummer that it was
discontinued.

Edwin
--
If you want to make peace, you don't talk to your friends. You talk to your
enemies.