EggHd

Default Just when you thought Gibson couldn't get more tasteless...

And I remember when getting a "Hummer" was a great thing g

Someone in the Donnas should get that. That would be funny!

---------------------------------------
Bryson

But this one is a tribute to the vehicle.

BlacklineMusic wrote:
I love hummers. I think its cool.

Fletcher

Analogeezer wrote:

A "Hummer H2 inspired Gibson Les Paul":

I guess you really can't teach a guitar the words... so it's just going
to have to 'hum'...

Who's quote was "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence
of the American public"?
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

Chris Hornbeck

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:45:53 GMT, Fletcher
wrote:

Who's quote was "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence
of the American public"?

'No one in this world, so far as I know- and I have researched the
records for years, and employed agents to help me- has ever lost money
by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain
people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.'

-H.L. Mencken

Chris Hornbeck,
guyville{at}aristotle{dot}net
question Authority

WillStG

Analogeezer wrote:
A "Hummer H2 inspired Gibson Les Paul":

I guess you really can't teach a guitar the words... so it's just going to

have to 'hum'...

Sam Ash here in Manhattan has a Harley in it's window display...

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Fox And Friends/Fox News

Dairenn Lombard

Fletcher wrote in message ...
Analogeezer wrote:

Who's quote was "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence
of the American public"?

A concept I am painstakingly teaching my GF so she understand why I
think the way I do.

Dairenn Lombard
Los Angeles, CA
Tommy B

On the subject of tastelessness, how bout a new ad?
"Hummer, It's Better than A Blowjob!"
Tom

"Justin Ulysses Morse" wrote in message
I thought the whole point of these ****ty guitars is that they're not
supposed to hum? Isn't that why they use those awful toneless pickups?
They should have put P90s on this model instead.

ulysses

Analogeezer wrote:

A "Hummer H2 inspired Gibson Les Paul":

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp...-Les-Paul.html

I can just imagine the kind of guy that buys an H2 and then buys one
of these uglyass pieces of **** to match his Hummer...yuck what a
beast of a guitar.

And I remember when getting a "Hummer" was a great thing g

Analogeezer

Jay Kadis

In article ink.net "Tommy B"
writes:
On the subject of tastelessness, how bout a new ad?
"Hummer, It's Better than A Blowjob!"
Tom

False advertising.

-Jay
--
x------- Jay Kadis ------- x---- Jay's Attic Studio ----x
x-------- http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/~jay/ ----------x
Bryson

Fletcher wrote:

Analogeezer wrote:

A "Hummer H2 inspired Gibson Les Paul":

I guess you really can't teach a guitar the words... so it's just going
to have to 'hum'...

Who's quote was "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence
of the American public"?

Let alone the American Guitar Playing Public.

'twas Barnum who said it.

Artie Turner

Bryson wrote:
have to 'hum'...

Who's quote was "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence
of the American public"?

Let alone the American Guitar Playing Public.

Some might argue that it's impossible to underestimate the intelligence
of the guitar playing public!

'twas Barnum who said it.

Mark T. Wieczorek

Bryson wrote in
rthlink.net:

Who's quote was "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence
of the American public"?

Google tells me it's Henry Louis Mencken.

"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."

Regards,
Mark

--
http://www.marktaw.com/

http://www.prosoundreview.com/
User reviews of pro audio gear
Analogeezer

"Tommy B" wrote in message arthlink.net...
On the subject of tastelessness, how bout a new ad?
"Hummer, It's Better than A Blowjob!"
Tom

Actually there is a whole movement in this country to get guys their
own Valentine's Day. In theory "Valentine's Day" is for guys too, but
when is the last time you got anything other than a ****ty card?

This new holiday (I'm not making this up) is supposed to be called:

"Steak and Hummer Day"

and they are not talking about an H2...

Analogeezer
Ricky W. Hunt

"Analogeezer" wrote in message
om...
"Tommy B" wrote in message

arthlink.net...
On the subject of tastelessness, how bout a new ad?
"Hummer, It's Better than A Blowjob!"
Tom

Actually there is a whole movement in this country to get guys their
own Valentine's Day. In theory "Valentine's Day" is for guys too, but
when is the last time you got anything other than a ****ty card?

This new holiday (I'm not making this up) is supposed to be called:

"Steak and Hummer Day"

and they are not talking about an H2...

Analogeezer

"Extra Protein Day" would be more non-sexist.

Fletcher

Analogeezer wrote:

This new holiday (I'm not making this up) is supposed to be called:

"Steak and Hummer Day"

and they are not talking about an H2...

Analogeezer

March 20th!! Though it seems that Hallmark hasn't really embraced the idea yet... which may doom it to failure.
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio

Mark Stebbeds

On 8 Jul 2003 09:16:57 -0700,
(Analogeezer) wrote:

And I remember when getting a "Hummer" was a great thing g

No Hummer, no backstage pass.

Mark

Fletcher

wrote:

Who's quote was "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence
of the American public"?

I thought that was you!

Early and often... but merely repeating a previous brilliant observation.
--
Fletcher
Mercenary Audio