Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Curmudgeon Curmudgeon is offline

Default FS: Mid-60's Fender Electric XI w/accessories (Chicago area)

All -

I've got a mid-1960's Fender Electric XII in beautiful candy apple red
which is just sitting in my front room as a display piece, and I'd like
to find a new home for it with someone who might actually play it.

This is the original 12-string Fender with the "hockey stick" headstock
and not the later Stratocaster 12-string. The serial number is 129351,
and the body's been stamped with the word "Special" where it meets the
neck. The neck has full-size pearl inlays, not the small dots. I have
been told this is the exact model that Jimmy Page played to record Led
Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" and "The Rain Song" but there is no way
I can absolutely confirm that.

Anyway, this axe is in pretty good shape with the usual pattern of wear
(belt gashes on the back and a few nicks on the front) and plays quite
nicely. I would love to hang onto it, but I have hit a few snags in my
life and this is one way of dealing with them.

I do not have an authentic case for this wonderful guitar, but instead
an old bass case that fits it just fine (but it is missing its handle).

I'm not interested in doing the ebay thing nor do I wish to worry about
shipping, so this offer is limited to those within driving distance of
Chicago who are willing to come and pick it up. I'll include a vintage
Pignose amp and an Ultimate stand for it (as well as the case).

The price is $3600 O.B.O. (cash only); for comparison's sake, there are
currently three candy apple red XII's on ebay, listed at $9500 (mint),
$5500 (super clean), and $4500 (clean). This one's in roughly the same
condition as the clean one but (as I said) doesn't include an original
case, thus the discounted price.

Please reply via e-mail if you're interested. And if there's somewhere
else you'd recommend I post this message, please let me know. Thanks in
advance.

- Curmudgeon