Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julien BH Julien BH is offline

Default The art of mixing or how to make a good song sound good

Hello, here's the noob again!

I made some songs and wanted to have feedback about the mix in my
songs.
Another guy just did it so I though I'd just in the bandwagon.

This is not about self-prom, it's about becoming a better mixer.
(compression / EQ primarily)
Well I'll give you the link.

CHECK THE TOP ONES FIRST PLEASE (ie: Everytime a heart stops), THE
MORE YOU GO DOWN THE MORE IT'S OLD (and the more it sucks I hope)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=265287

Thank you so much for your help.

p.s.: The top one is an experiment at electric voice

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] TravisJBarnes@gmail.com is offline

On Oct 4, 2:30 pm, Julien BH wrote:
Hello, here's the noob again!

I made some songs and wanted to have feedback about the mix in my
songs.
Another guy just did it so I though I'd just in the bandwagon.

This is not about self-prom, it's about becoming a better mixer.
(compression / EQ primarily)
Well I'll give you the link.

CHECK THE TOP ONES FIRST PLEASE (ie: Everytime a heart stops), THE
MORE YOU GO DOWN THE MORE IT'S OLD (and the more it sucks I hope)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=265287

Thank you so much for your help.

p.s.: The top one is an experiment at electric voice

I listened to the top two songs. The first one had an original indie
sound. The 2nd one reminds me of a cross between Talking Heads and
Ween. I can't really give any advice on mixing because I don't think I
can rely on my monitoring room. The style of music is so
unconventional on the second song I think you'd be well served to let
some people that are into underground music preview it and give you
thoughts on it. I know that doesn't help much.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Oct 5, 12:18 am, wrote:
[...]

Well at least you took some time to listen to my songs and that's
appreciated.
I know I can do better... In fact I'm getting better and better with
every new song I record!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Grant David Grant is offline

"Julien BH" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello, here's the noob again!

I made some songs and wanted to have feedback about the mix in my
songs.
Another guy just did it so I though I'd just in the bandwagon.

This is not about self-prom, it's about becoming a better mixer.
(compression / EQ primarily)
Well I'll give you the link.

CHECK THE TOP ONES FIRST PLEASE (ie: Everytime a heart stops), THE
MORE YOU GO DOWN THE MORE IT'S OLD (and the more it sucks I hope)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=265287

Thank you so much for your help.

p.s.: The top one is an experiment at electric voice

I took a listen but I'm not in my studio right now so all I have is earbuds.
Disclaimer is that I'm not familiar with this style of music.

Everything sounded distant, I found myself wanting more variety in the
depth. Vocal I thought should be more up front, it seemed to lack presence.
Watch your tuning. The song didn't really settle into a time "pocket"...
Partly because the kick stuck out in the mix (didn't sit well) and because
the time seemed a little shaky at points.

Dave

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Oct 5, 11:45 am, "David Grant" wrote:
"Julien BH" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks. When you talk about tuning, it's about what?
Vocals? Guitar?
Also, you think I should lower the bass drum volume right? I'll try
that. ( I used compression on the BD and no reverb, so maybe that is
what you don't like)

Anyway I'm not even sure what song you are talking about, so I'd need
more info.
I suppose it is "Everytime a heart stops", but you should try
"Swiftle" instead. A much more "finished" track imho.