Posted to rec.audio.pro
rt55 rt55 is offline

Default micing a choir in a football stadium

Well, you read the header...A friend of mine called me tonight, and
wanted my help. His high school choral group traditionally sings the
national anthem prior to the hs football games. He brings out three
RE10s, runs them into an old Shure m67 or something similar, then line
out to the stadium's PA. It's crude, but to the audience involved, it
works. Now the district's athletic director says he wants to buy the
same system to leave in place at the stadium for other schools to have
access to as well. The RE10s are out of production, as is the m67.
Any thoughts on a set of dynamic mics and mixer along these lines?
This system will normally be operated by unqualified personnel, so it
has to be extremely rugged and simple.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Oct 4, 2:06 am, rt55 wrote:

His high school choral group traditionally sings the
national anthem prior to the hs football games. He brings out three
RE10s, runs them into an old Shure m67 or something similar, then line
out to the stadium's PA. It's crude, but to the audience involved, it
works. Now the district's athletic director says he wants to buy the
same system to leave in place at the stadium for other schools to have
access to as well.

There are no inexpensive mixers that are as simple (i.e. with as few
controls) as the Shure M67, but I'd think that one of the small 4-
input Behringer or Tapco mixers would be simple enough for a non-pro
to operate. While I can't give you a specific recommendation, I'll bet
that there's a suitable mic similar to the RE-10 in the Sennheiser
Evolution line.

Don't forget wind screens.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
theorganloft theorganloft is offline

On Oct 4, 2:06 am, rt55 wrote:
Well, you read the header...A friend of mine called me tonight, and
wanted my help. His high school choral group traditionally sings the
national anthem prior to the hs football games. He brings out three
RE10s, runs them into an old Shure m67 or something similar, then line
out to the stadium's PA. It's crude, but to the audience involved, it
works. Now the district's athletic director says he wants to buy the
same system to leave in place at the stadium for other schools to have
access to as well. The RE10s are out of production, as is the m67.
Any thoughts on a set of dynamic mics and mixer along these lines?
This system will normally be operated by unqualified personnel, so it
has to be extremely rugged and simple.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes a simple Behringer mixer and some Audio Technic Choir mics (or
equivalent) on stands should do the trick. You would even have a bus
for a solo wireless from www.DAK.com ($50.00!) and a keyboard/
synthesizer. Use a Behringer Key board amp 1200 for a stage monitor.
All portable too!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
rt55 rt55 is offline

You would even have a bus
for a solo wireless fromwww.DAK.com($50.00!)

DAK? Ack! My friend kind of wanted to go wireless with this deal, but
I talked him out of it. I didn't want him messing with GOOD wireless,
much less that kind of stuff. Maybe some SM87c and an m268?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

rt55 wrote:
You would even have a bus
for a solo wireless fromwww.DAK.com($50.00!)

DAK? Ack! My friend kind of wanted to go wireless with this deal, but
I talked him out of it. I didn't want him messing with GOOD wireless,
much less that kind of stuff. Maybe some SM87c and an m268?

That's how I'd go, I think. Might be worth stretching the budget for
SM81s instead, but the m268 is actually a good choice and hard to kill.

This is an application where ruggedness beats sound quality.

stanford football Lauren Pro Audio 1 September 27th 07 09:24 PM
WIRELESS SYSTEM for a small college football stadium and officials. THE_Rob_Gordon Pro Audio 8 September 19th 04 04:46 PM
WIRELESS SYSTEM for a small college football stadium and officials. THE_Rob_Gordon Pro Audio 0 September 16th 04 08:50 PM
stadium SPL Bob Smith Pro Audio 6 June 26th 04 06:59 AM
stadium SPL Bob Smith Pro Audio 0 June 23rd 04 09:26 PM