Posted to alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.pro
[email protected] mad.scientist.jr@gmail.com is offline

Default best MP3 encoder / settings for Win XP? (Out LAME for WinAmp sounding bad)

I'm looking for any advice on what settings I can use to rip MP3s with
full stereo that sound just like the CD, particularly from WinAmp
(since that would be convenient). I have the OutLame plugin (w/LAME
dll v3.97) but the MP3s it encodes sound pretty bad. My old Music
Match jukebox 6 rips CDs and converts WAVs to MP3s at 160bps that
sound exactly like the original CD as long as the multipass and
highest quality / processing settings are on (it takes a while
though). However Musicmatch 6 doesn't work on my newer PC with IE 7. I
am interested in preserving full stereo separation as this is for
archival as well as listening purposes. Much appreciated, thanks for
listening...

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 00:18:46 -0000, wrote:

archival

Then just say no.

If you're really serious, do a Google search in this newsgroup
with your topics' keywords. Always a prudent, polite and easy
modern first step.

All good fortune,

Chris Hornbeck