nova

Default Electro-Voice RE-20 mic Question???

Hello Everybody,

I am thinking of picking one of these up for recording bass. Just curious
if this mic needs phantom power???

Also I could use some recommendations for a well matched preamp to use with
this mic for recording a 1x15 bass cab.

Thanks.

dj

Dave Martin

An RE-20 does not require phantom. And it's an excellent mic for recording
bass through a 1x15 cabinet. Any halfway decent preamp will work in this
application. The one that works 'best' will depend on your taste.

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

"nova" wrote in message
Hello Everybody,

I am thinking of picking one of these up for recording bass. Just curious
if this mic needs phantom power???

Also I could use some recommendations for a well matched preamp to use

with
this mic for recording a 1x15 bass cab.

Thanks.

dj

Artie Turner

nova wrote:
Hello Everybody,

I am thinking of picking one of these up for recording bass. Just curious
if this mic needs phantom power???

Nope, it's a dynamic.

Also I could use some recommendations for a well matched preamp to use with
this mic for recording a 1x15 bass cab.

Use whatever you have, it won't take a lot of gain to close-mike a bass amp.

Artie

Thanks.

dj

Scott Dorsey

nova wrote:
I am thinking of picking one of these up for recording bass. Just curious
if this mic needs phantom power???

No, it's a dynamic.

Also I could use some recommendations for a well matched preamp to use with
this mic for recording a 1x15 bass cab.

It's fairly insensitive to loading as dynamics go, but it doesn't have a lot
of output. Then again, on a bass cabinet, you don't need a lot of output.
Whatever you have will be fine.
david

In article kOmOa.2249$ye4.3960@sccrnsc01, Ricky W. Hunt
wrote:

"nova" wrote in message
Hello Everybody,

I am thinking of picking one of these up for recording bass. Just curious
if this mic needs phantom power???

Be sure to try it on vocals too.

And things like acoustic guitar and fiddle.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

LLLindblad

Be sure to try it on vocals too.

And things like acoustic guitar and fiddle.

I've yet to find anything this mic can't make sound great with---does that
make sense??? no b+ needed, dynamic.

laters tuna

InnerSpace

wrote:

"nova" wrote in message
Hello Everybody,

I am thinking of picking one of these up for recording bass. Just

curious
if this mic needs phantom power???

Be sure to try it on vocals too.

And things like acoustic guitar and fiddle.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com

Add tenor sax to the list too! Half way up the body - loads of breath,
loads of "key clack". Perfect smouldery jazz sax with not a hint of "Kenny
G"! :O)

Garthrr

In article , "InnerSpace"
writes:

Add tenor sax to the list too! Half way up the body - loads of breath,
loads of "key clack". Perfect smouldery jazz sax with not a hint of "Kenny
G"! :O)

If it matters, Kenny G doesnt play tenor (as far as I know at least).
Garth~

"I think the fact that music can come up a wire is a miracle."
Ed Cherney
Kurt Albershardt

Default Tenor G....[ Electro-Voice RE-20 mic Question???]

Chris/Power Salad wrote:

If it matters, Kenny G doesnt play tenor (as far as I know at least).

He sounded ok on tenor when he was with the Jeff Lorber Fusion...not
great but ok - but something must have snapped in his head after that
or something - perhaps it's all that circular breathing......

Wow, Jeff Lorber. Cool flashback ;