Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Mogens V. Mogens V. is offline

Default Rack top-mounted DAW/midi mixer/controller

I have my home studio in my appartment, and as such have no space for a
largish outboard mixer.

I'm considering a band rack for a top mounted mixer, to have computers,
audio interfaces and a few outboard devices all in one package.

Instead of a band mixer, I'd have a top mounted mixer/controller for my
DAW and afore mentioned external processing gear.
On some of those racks, the mixer is top mounted in a bracket which can
be angled; very practical, when placed next to my work space.

I'd want it to interface to my DAW, and set it up to control a few
external processing devices.
Preferably, it should be easy to mount onto such a rackbox, but I can
fix mounting issues, as long as it fits the dimentions.
Only, I don't know much about such mixers/controllers on the market.

The Novations Control Surface Plus Zero (without the keyboard) is an
example. Might even rack mount:
http://www.novationmusic.com/product...bArchive=False
This one will autodetect DAW plugins et al, and seems to be configurable
for most other needs.
However, it doesn't seem ideally suited for interfacing to a DAW. Too
few short travelling faders.
I believe Kawai used to make a larger device, but can't find it, and
also recall reviews saying it lacked in programming capabilities.

Other suggestions? Price does play in, though I'll rather wait and
save up to get the Right Stuff..

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.