Posted to rec.audio.pro
bhuether bhuether is offline

Default Recording Acoutic Guitar - A/D advice needed...

All my previous posts really relate to my principal goal to record my
acoustic guitar.

Given this very limited application, will I really see a difference
between $400 soundcard and $1000 standalone 2 channel A/D? A couple
products I am considering are Fireface 400 and ADI 2. But if I can get
essentially equal results for much less $ then that is clearly where I
want t go... My budget is around $1000 but I want to spend less if it
will get the job done.

thanks,

thanks,

brian

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Sep 22, 2:15 pm, bhuether wrote:

Given this very limited application, will I really see a difference
between $400 soundcard and $1000 standalone 2 channel A/D?

Yes, but on your limited budget, will you (or should you) care? Are
your mics and mic preamps up to the quality of a $1,000 A/D converter?
Or will they be before you move on to some other project?

A couple
products I am considering are Fireface 400 and ADI 2. But if I can get
essentially equal results for much less $ then that is clearly where I
want t go.

This is really subjective. I don't recognize what an ADI2 is, but a
Fireface 400 is a perfectly respectable interface.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
kooz kooz is offline

On Sep 22, 2:15 pm, bhuether wrote:
All my previous posts really relate to my principal goal to record my
acoustic guitar.

Given this very limited application, will I really see a difference
between $400 soundcard and $1000 standalone 2 channel A/D? A couple
products I am considering are Fireface 400 and ADI 2. But if I can get
essentially equal results for much less $ then that is clearly where I
want t go... My budget is around $1000 but I want to spend less if it
will get the job done.

thanks,

thanks,

brian

Here's a question that an answer might help you make your decision:
Do you need to buy NEW?
I would say find a nice set of used converters on ebay or an audio
board somewhere (I saw a Mytek Stereo96 ADC for 600 USD recently),
especially if you have superior front end, meaning nice mics and
preamps.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
bhuether bhuether is offline

Guess I should have mentioned the other equipment.

Pres are RNP and Great River 1NV.

Mic is Studio Projects C1 which I have been meaning to replace with
something similar in quality to other pieces of gear.

thanks,

brian