IS

Default Recrodning to a computer or device.

I was planning on recording directly to my computer.
My problem is that the fan noise from my computer is clearly noticeable on
my recordings.
Is there any device that allows me to record directly to a hard drive
(quiet) and then I could hook it up to my computer via USB or Fire Wire and
do my editing?

Thanks.

IS.

Danny Taddei

fan noise is always a problem. the best bet is to put in somewhere where
you can't hear it. i use to use an old stereo cabinet with a glass front
before i had a sound room. I put whether stripping around the from glass
too seal it and sound absorption board inside, and blocked the back. I
only shut it when i was doing live mics to avoid overheating and it
never did over heat.

I have a new powerbook that has a fan so unnoticeable that you could use
it without any care in the world. If you are planning on getting a new
one soon, check out the new mac power books. The PC's might be the same
thing too though.

Directional mics will help a bunch too.

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)

Alfredo1rangel

try moving the mic into another room or you can even BUY and iso rack made just
for loud computers.