Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] KennithJohnson@gmail.com is offline

Default Otari

Has anyone successfully communicated with the remnants of Otari
lately? I sent a parts inquiry to them via e-mail some time ago, and
it went into a black hole, apparently. Any news appreciated.

Scott

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

david correia wrote:

I remember at the LA AES in I think 1986 telling the folks in their
booth that they needed to make a DAT machine and they looked at me, an
Otari customer, like I was a caveman.

Love you in those commercials. : )

I'm thinking 1988. 1986 would be a bit early.

When they finally shipped one, Panasonic had already sewn up the market.

Sony and Tascam and others did OK, too.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Sep 21, 9:45 pm, DC wrote:
wrote:
Has anyone successfully communicated with the remnants ofOtari
lately? I sent a parts inquiry to them via e-mail some time ago, and
it went into a black hole, apparently. Any news appreciated.

How about the phone?

Great device, but it'd require a number I don't have. I don't even
know what city to look for them in anymore. The console products
division, when it existed, was in Hauppauge, NY, but then they shut it
down and moved it to Foster City outside San Francisco, and then I
heard Foster City was shut down, too, so ...

Scott

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] KennithJohnson@gmail.com is offline

On Sep 21, 9:54 pm, david correia wrote:
What do you have that needs fixing? There are non factory people all
over the country that can service their stuff.

I know. I'm one of them. However, I don't have the parts I need.
I'm trying to fix an Otari Status console that has a bad LCD display,
and so far that has been a bear of a part to find from any aftermarket
source.

Scott

UPDATE: Otari MX-55/Otari tech needed in Chicago suburbs Tom Jancauskas Pro Audio 0 November 26th 06 03:11 PM
FS: Otari MX-80 bob Pro Audio 0 October 15th 06 06:04 PM
WTB: Otari MTR 90 mk III Nick Pro Audio 0 January 10th 06 10:16 PM
FS/ Otari DTR 900 II KWLondon Pro Audio 0 December 2nd 03 06:02 AM
FS: Otari MTR 90 mk III JWelsh3374 Pro Audio 1 July 30th 03 06:11 PM