Analogeezer

Default Steve Vai's PT Rig on Ebay....

It's a charity auction, so far no bids yet.

Is it just me or does $9500 sound kinda high? Especially for having 888's?

Analogeezer
jnorman

well - i wonder what old steve will be replacing PT with... has some
other system/software taken over in the professional world?
Rick Powell

(Analogeezer) wrote in message . com...
It's a charity auction, so far no bids yet.

Is it just me or does $9500 sound kinda high? Especially for having 888's?

Analogeezer

Yes, unless the gaggle of guitar string sets and the "bonus" PT
training session w/Mr. Vai is enought to make up the difference for
the potential bidder. PT24|Mix+ used street prices are about $2-2.5k
for the core and $1.5k for the mix farm, and a seller would be
fortunate to get $1.5k for each 888/24 in today's market.

RP
MercuryMan

"A one-on-one Pro Tools training session with Steve Vai at Steve's studio
in Los Angeles, California. Up to $500 will be provided by Digidesign to be
used towards travel expenses and accomodations."

Nuff said.

Regards,
Mark

I know too much about ProTools already. Boring. How about some
guitar lessons instead. :)

Merc

EggHd

what id you think, he was onna go from pro tools to a paris rig. what are
they going for on ebay these days? a hundred bucks?

Whay put this in the post?

---------------------------------------
Rick Powell

Musikboy wrote in message ...

A mix core is going for between $3k and $3.8k

Whosoever payeth $3.8k for yon Mix Core in MMIII be a fool whose money
hath been parted with, methinks.

RP
Musikboy

In article , Rick
Powell wrote:

Musikboy wrote in message

A mix core is going for between $3k and $3.8k

Whosoever payeth $3.8k for yon Mix Core in MMIII be a fool whose money
hath been parted with, methinks.

RP

info is from pre pal not made up buddy
Rick Powell

Musikboy wrote in message ...
In article , Rick
Powell wrote:

Musikboy wrote in message

A mix core is going for between $3k and $3.8k

Whosoever payeth $3.8k for yon Mix Core in MMIII be a fool whose money
hath been parted with, methinks.

RP

info is from pre pal not made up buddy

Let's check out ebay, one of the places where the things are actually
bought & sold, and a seller's market to boot.

These are BIN prices or completed items with a winning bidder. Where
I found a MixPlus, I subtracted an assumed value for the Farm of $1600
to determine the price of the co

6/24 HD1 Core went for $2400. (the new HD1, not the old technology Mix
Core!)
6/24 MixPlus went for $4199. - $1600 for Farm yields $2599 for the Mix
Core.
6/24 MixPlus went for $4051. - $1600 for Farm yields $2451 for the Mix
Core.
6/25 Mix Core $2250 Buy it Now.
6/25 HD1 core went for $2400. (HD1!)
6/25 MixPlus went for $4000. - $1600 for Farm yields $2400 for the Mix
Core.
6/29 Mix Core went for $1995.

I stopped checking after I found these. I have also routinely seen
Mix cores on digidesign's buy & sell board in the low $2000's lately.

However, if anyone out there wants to send me $3800 for a Mix Core
card...

RP