Posted to rec.audio.pro
b[_2_] b[_2_] is offline

Default imitating a crowd

I am doing a video short and need to make a track of something like a
crowd of 2000, or so, actually yelling something. Think a crowd a
football game yelling something in unison. As I can't assemble a crowd
this size, is there anyway to generate it? Basically looking for a way
to construct this type of sound.

Thanks for any help
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Keith Stolte Keith Stolte is offline

On Sep 19, 10:12 pm, b wrote:
I am doing a video short and need to make a track of something like a
crowd of 2000, or so, actually yelling something. Think a crowd a
football game yelling something in unison. As I can't assemble a crowd
this size, is there anyway to generate it? Basically looking for a way
to construct this type of sound.

Thanks for any help

I would think get a few people maybe 10-20, and just overdub to make a
sizable crowd. Add compression and delay/reverb to taste.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lumpy Lumpy is offline

Keith Stolte wrote:
I would think get a few people maybe 10-20, and just overdub to make a
sizable crowd. Add compression and delay/reverb to taste.

The Country Joe and the Fish "Fish Cheer" (Give me an F!)
was done by continually overdubbing a handful of people,
band members and others, at the studio.

Lumpy

Did you entertain the troops?
Yes. Well, I'm pretty sure they were entertained.
www.lumpyvoice.org

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

b wrote:
I am doing a video short and need to make a track of something like a
crowd of 2000, or so, actually yelling something. Think a crowd a
football game yelling something in unison. As I can't assemble a crowd
this size, is there anyway to generate it? Basically looking for a way
to construct this type of sound.

Thanks for any help

You can layer it with overdubs. BUT, the more people you have to start
out, the better. And you want to do the original tracking outdoors if
you can, because you want that outdoor acoustic.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Fraser Scott Fraser is offline

Do each overdub with a different mic at a different distance & in a
different ambience.

Scott Fraser

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Anahata Anahata is offline

Scott Fraser wrote:
Do each overdub with a different mic at a different distance & in a
different ambience.

And especially if it's stereo, with the people all standing in different
positions each time

A.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Scott Fraser" wrote in
message
ps.com
Do each overdub with a different mic at a different
distance & in a different ambience.

If you;re faking it from one track, play differently-timed segments of it,
pan each one differently, eq each one differently, and add different amounts
and kinds of reverb to each.