Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Curmudgeon Curmudgeon is offline

Default FS: Fender Electric XII (Chicago area)

All -

I have a Fender Electric XII in candy apple red which is just sitting
in my front room as a display piece. I'd like to find a new home for
it with someone who might actually play it. This is the original 12-
string Fender with the "hockey stick" head, not the later Stratocaster
12-string. I'm told this is the guitar that Jimmy Page used to record
Led Zeppelin's "The Rain Song" but I can't confirm that.

Anyway, this axe is in good shape with the expected wear (belt gashes
on the back and a few marks on the front) and plays very nicely. I'd
love to hang onto it, but I've hit a few snags in my life and this is
one way of dealing with them.

I do not have an authentic case for this wonderful guitar, but instead
an old bass case that fits it just fine (despit missing its handle).

I'm not interested in doing the ebay thing nor do I wish to worry about
shipping, so this offer is limited to those within driving distance of
Chicago who are willing to come and pick it up. I'll include a vintage
Pignose amp and an Ultimate stand for it (as well as the case).

The price is $1234 firm (cash only). Please reply via e-mail if you're
interested. And if there is somewhere else I should post this message,
please let me know. Thanks in advance.

- Curmudgeon
Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Curmudgeon Curmudgeon is offline

After doing some research, I've discovered that this guitar is worth a
whole bunch more than I was originally asking, so I am withdrawing this
offer and I will be reposting it later with more details and a revised
asking price.

Curmudgeon