Posted to rec.audio.pro
Terry[_3_] Terry[_3_] is offline

Default HELP needed buying a A/V system

I'm going to get rid of my 30yr old stereo Amp & Receiver and buy
something more up-to-date.
Even though I'm looking for something new, I'm keeping my old
Nakamichi Dragon cassette player/recorder and My Teac GX-636 reel-to-
reel.
I'm not very up-to-date on the latest devices, so I don't know what I
should be looking for.
I do want a one piece amp/receiver system.

Any help is appreciated.

Terry in Texas

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tim Padrick Tim Padrick is offline

"Tim Perry" wrote in message

"Terry" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm going to get rid of my 30yr old stereo Amp & Receiver and buy
something more up-to-date.

Why? The new stuff is mostly junk. Unless you want HD radio keep the old
stuff.

Even though I'm looking for something new, I'm keeping my old
Nakamichi Dragon cassette player/recorder and My Teac GX-636 reel-to-
reel.
I'm not very up-to-date on the latest devices, so I don't know what I
should be looking for.

I hear there is something called I-pods. They play crappy sounding music
that is downloaded off the internet. There are also a couple of sattilite
systems where you pay to receive hundreds of crappy formats as long as you
arn't under anything that blocks the signal.

I do want a one piece amp/receiver system.

Any help is appreciated.

Terry in Texas

Does your budget runt to McIntosh products?
http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/default.aspx

Arcam. Better than most others, irrespective of what those others cost.
(As to speakers, you are on your own there.)

In the UK: http://www.arcam.co.uk/

In the US: http://www.aslgroup.com/index.asp