Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default cleaning snakes, suggestions please

hI folks,

I've got a couple of very long snakes, about 200-300' each.
THese aren't just 3 or 4 channels either.
tHe lk (spelling) multipin connectors on each end.

They've been used with a remote audio truck, and after
rolling across the tarmac and the muddy field and then being
stored for awhile without a good cleaning are desperately in
need of one, especially before my bench tech will do the
work necessary on the one he looked at for me.
ONe approach if I had the space and the equipment: Bag the
ends. COnnect pressure washer, pay out about 20 feet, hose
down, dry off, coil into bin.

My problem: My driveway is dirt; don't own a pressure
washer but that one's soluble. Neighbor kid whom I've
offered to hire for the task says he can borrow one from his
uncle.

My other thought: HIre neighbor kid for the day, go to
friendly neighborhood car wash, same procedure, but keep
feeding the damned machine quarters.
tHere are two of these things need taking care of. tHE
shorter one, the 100 footer is cleaner and the tech says
he'll check it over and bench it if needed to fix problem
connections, but the big boys he won't touch and I cna't
blame him. THEy're filthy.
BOy am I glad my neighbor kid's out of work and needful of
cash money right now g.

HOw would some of you pros tackle this. Esp G. GLeason and
some of you other guys who might deal with this regularly.

Richard webb,
Replace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real
email address.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

HOw would some of you pros tackle this. Esp G. GLeason and
some of you other guys who might deal with this regularly.

Garden hose, Formula 408, and a bag of rags. 409 it, scrub it,
rinse it, dry it, then go to the next three feet. The drying will
get some of the gunk off too!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

I did a college gig once called "Senior Sours". I still don't know what
that means, but at one point, people started spraying beer everywhere. I
swear there was beer in the air. My snake smelled like beer for quite a
while, even after being cleaned.

Good Snakes? Ty Ford Pro Audio 18 December 20th 06 03:05 PM
FS. Audio snakes 24 and 8 ch Andrew Gerome Marketplace 0 June 26th 04 01:43 PM
FS. Audio snakes 24 and 8 ch Andrew Gerome Marketplace 0 June 26th 04 01:43 PM
Eeek! Snakes! Frank Stearns Pro Audio 6 June 4th 04 05:06 PM
Eeek! Snakes! Frank Stearns Pro Audio 0 June 4th 04 08:05 AM