Posted to rec.audio.pro
hfillmore hfillmore is offline

Default Upgrade from Audacity Recommendations?

I download large audio streams and like to unmix them to different
tracks. I like to place labels on the original track like "upbeat",
"mellow", "hard", etc. Is there any program available that will allow
me to search and select based on any given label, and separate all
those with the same label in a batch to a separate track?

I can do this with Audacity using copy and past for each individual
label selection, but it is very tedious as I can only deal with one
labeled section at a time.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.....

Thanks,

Harvey

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] HelloTezzaIsThatYouYesItIs@gmail.com is offline

probably not really what you want, but may be worth having a look at-
meapsoft feature extraction and segmenting software for audio:
http://labrosa.ee.columbia.edu/meapsoft/

Terry

hfillmore wrote:
I download large audio streams and like to unmix them to different
tracks. I like to place labels on the original track like "upbeat",
"mellow", "hard", etc. Is there any program available that will allow
me to search and select based on any given label, and separate all
those with the same label in a batch to a separate track?

I can do this with Audacity using copy and past for each individual
label selection, but it is very tedious as I can only deal with one
labeled section at a time.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.....

Thanks,

Harvey

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

hfillmore wrote:
I download large audio streams and like to unmix them to different
tracks. I like to place labels on the original track like "upbeat",
"mellow", "hard", etc. Is there any program available that will allow
me to search and select based on any given label, and separate all
those with the same label in a batch to a separate track?

I can do this with Audacity using copy and past for each individual
label selection, but it is very tedious as I can only deal with one
labeled section at a time.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.....

If you don't mind going to a commercial product, Adobe Audition has a
"Save Selection" feature - select a portion of a file, then just save it
as a new file. You can also just copy it and then paste it to a new
window within Audition without closing the original file.

I'd think most advanced editors (Wavelab, Soundforge, etc.) would have
similar behaviour.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Emiliano Grilli Emiliano Grilli is offline

On 13 Set, 13:31, hfillmore wrote:
I download large audio streams and like to unmix them to different
tracks. I like to place labels on the original track like "upbeat",
"mellow", "hard", etc. Is there any program available that will allow
me to search and select based on any given label, and separate all
those with the same label in a batch to a separate track?

I can do this with Audacity using copy and past for each individual
label selection, but it is very tedious as I can only deal with one
labeled section at a time.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.....

I use audacity 1.3.3-beta on linux, and here you can split the file
based on labels, into multiple files and with a single command. The
command is File-Export Multiple. You cannot, however, conditionally
select which labels have to be exported. But you have the option to
name the resulting files after the labels, so it's easy to recognize
them.

Thanks,

Harvey

Hope this helps,
--
Emiliano Grilli
Linux user #209089

Sound card / converter upgrade recommendations. Geetar Dave Pro Audio 6 November 17th 06 07:29 PM
Order of Upgrade and recommendations. [email protected] Car Audio 4 September 26th 06 07:54 AM
problem with audacity *selah* Tech 3 January 7th 06 01:50 AM
audacity? [email protected] Tech 10 October 8th 05 03:24 AM
Audacity Scott Dorsey Pro Audio 30 February 18th 05 10:32 PM