Andreas Neubert

Default Yamaha DM series Question (DM2000 DM1000 02R96) 'single speed mode' at 96/88,2K

The manual of the DM1000 states three audio transfer modes via the
mini-ygdai cards when the desk is operating at high sample rates
(96K/88,2K).

Double Channel: Double Samplerate transfered using two adjacent channels.

Double Speed: Double Samplerate trasfered on one channel (only on AES cards)

Single Speed: mini-ygdai-card delivers audio at half the speed of the desk.

Did anyone outthere try the single speed mode?
As I donīt see much benefits in actually recording in 96K mode, Iīd like to
know if itīs possible to record audio at 48K but mix in 96K, and If it
sounds better than mixing at 48K.

Yamaha says the single speed mode does not use any samplerateconversion
(neighter synchonous nor asynchronous)
- that sounds like they get the 48K singnal from the card to the 96K mixer
by just doubling each sample without interpolation.
I wonder if that sounds good, and if 96Khz EQs sound any better when fed by
a 96K signal derived from a 48K signal by just repeating every 24bit word a
second time.

Any experiences with that issue out there?

Any input would be extremely welcome!

Regards, Andreas Neubert