Thomas Thiele

Default studio floor contruction

How important is the studio floor contruction?
The reason why I ask is: the studio floor (one chipboard and the
boards under it) is broken.
It's a wooden contruction 10cm over the concrete ground.

We are thinking about filling the hole with massive concrete. Would
this affekt the studio sound?
How important is the floor contruction in general? How homogen or
symmetrical must it be?
willp17

Thomas Thiele wrote in message ...

Hmm. But even you have not given an useful answer. And I did not found
anything on the net.
Roomsizes, acustical threatment for walls an ceilling. But floor?

Try these for starters:

http://johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.acoustics101.com/

Hope these help .
Ben Bradley

In rec.audio.pro, (willp17) wrote:

Thomas Thiele wrote in message ...

Hmm. But even you have not given an useful answer. And I did not found
anything on the net.
Roomsizes, acustical threatment for walls an ceilling. But floor?

Try these for starters:

http://johnlsayers.com/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.acoustics101.com/

There's also the F. Alton Everest books, especially "The Master
Handbook of Acoustics" (though I don't recall anything specifically
about floors), and there's an acoustics forum at:

http://recording.org

Hope these help .

Thomas Thiele

unitron wrote:

Is the hole the result of a clumsy anvil juggler or due to faulty
materials?

A combination. It's on the way to the recording room. So it's the most
beaten part of the floor.
And the wood was wet. Not faulty.