Michael Lascuola

Default studio-plus scam on eBay

Man, I was wondering about this one -- lots of cool gear with no reserve.
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=studio-plus
Did anyone here get bit by this one?

Troy

Looks like a scam to me.

Michael Lascuola wrote in message
Man, I was wondering about this one -- lots of cool gear with no reserve.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=studio-plus
Did anyone here get bit by this one?

John L Rice

"Don Cooper" wrote in message
That's my first time seeing a negative feedback rating (meaning less
than zero).

Don

Those auctions seem messed up on both sides. The seller was only registered
since May 30th and now he is suspended. Bad news but, it's kind of weird
that the buyers all left negative feedback when all four auctions just ended
this Saturday or Sunday. 24 to 48 hours doesn't isn't really enough time to
wait before posting negative feedback.

John L Rice

Rick Powell

"Michael Lascuola" wrote in message t...
Man, I was wondering about this one -- lots of cool gear with no reserve.
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=studio-plus
Did anyone here get bit by this one?

I bid on http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:B:EOAB:US:6
from the same seller.

The guy didn't accept charge cards, would only accept a wire transfer.
Had "0" feedback at the time the auction closed. I sent an email
requesting an alternate secure (i.e. escrow) way of completing the
transaction. In the meantime, I checked out the PayPal link and found
out he was not authorized to receive money. Received no response.

As a result of these events, I refused to complete the transaction.
Now that I see a feedback rating of -4 for the seller, that decision
seems mighty astute.

RP

Twist Turner

I am always suspect of auctions with high end equip and a photo from the
companys website. Especially with low or no feedback. If it is
something i am interested in I aways email and ask for a pic of the
actual item listed. If they can't produce a pic, I don't bid unless the
seller is local and I can pick it up in person.

http://www.vintagemicsales.com

Aaron Householter

I treat these listings like a kidnapping, I ask for a photo with a
newspaper showing the date etc. I emailed a guy last week on an
obvious scam and asked him to take a photo with his hand next to the
mics giving me the finger since he was obviously trying to **** me( I
never heard back)
As bad as it sounds, we need to be able to look at computer ID's(like
on a network) and at the minimum know where they are contacting us
from(like the city etc)or have a faster way to turn someone in for
computer fraud. This **** is getting out of hand, there should really
be stiff penalties for this, I think the country needs to change the
"Bad crime" to being computer fraud instead of drugs. **** we have
Thousands locked up for smoking some dope which hurts no one but
themselves and we have a bunch of pricks out there ripping off old
people (and studio cats) Our priorities need to change. I read in an
article that the military is designing unmanned long range craft that
can fly anywhere in 2 hours and drop a 12,000 pond payload...this
sounds like a good plan. You get a bad deal from Malaysia and the
****in dip**** heads toward the bank with your money from a Fairchild
you thought you could buy for $1500 and WA-BOOM!!!!
**** ya, $1500 well spent.Aaron Householter
studio1117

Analogeezer

(Aaron Householter) wrote in message . com...
[...]

At first I thought you were some kinda lunatic fascist (tracking
people from their computers), then I got to the part about the
dope....then by the end I was laughing my ass off.

Now THAT'S a use of the American military-industrial complex that I
could heartily endorse!

Analogeezer

Scott Dorsey

Analogeezer wrote:

At first I thought you were some kinda lunatic fascist (tracking
people from their computers), then I got to the part about the
dope....then by the end I was laughing my ass off.

I occasionally work for a government research lab doing aircraft telemetry
work, and a few years ago we were at an air force installation sitting
around waiting for Silicon Graphics to get their operating system to work
right with the third party hardware they rebadged and sold.

The SGI representative got all huffy when the officer in charge explained
what was going on, and eventually said, "Well, you're not our only customer
you know." The officer replied, "Yes, but we're probably the only one with
nukes."

The upshot was that they didn't fix it and we wound up having to do a
homebrew job.
Rick Powell

"David Kratz" wrote in message . ..
Very interested in more info as I am newbie to audio auctions.

Who? What? Where (ebay? Item #?)

The links to the items are there at Michael L. and my posts.

Or go to www.ebay.com and do an advanced search on the completed items
for e-bay member studio-plus.

RP