Boa

Default CD player

Hello all,

I would like to buy a second-hand CD player. I can choose between:

Marantz CD42mkII
Sony CDP-991
Technics SL-PS 770D
NAD 524

Personally I think seriously about Marantz or Technics.

What do you think? Can you give me any advice, which one is the best?
I can't buy a new one, so I have to choose between a little bit older
players.

Thank you for help in advance.

regards,
Boa.

Harv

"Jacob Kramer" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:16:44 +0200, "Boa"
wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to buy a second-hand CD player. I can choose between:

Marantz CD42mkII
Sony CDP-991
Technics SL-PS 770D
NAD 524

Personally I think seriously about Marantz or Technics.

What do you think? Can you give me any advice, which one is the best?
I can't buy a new one, so I have to choose between a little bit older
players.

Thank you for help in advance.

regards,
Boa.

Keep the same budget and buy a new player instead. It's not a good
idea to buy a used player because they have moving parts and wear out.

I'd second that. A new one will at least get you a warranty and a return
privelege. Buy someone's used one and you have no warranty, and you don't
know where it's been or how many hours are on it, no matter how clean it
looks..

Harv