Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Hypertension Hypertension is offline

Default Great Men of Our Time

Go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandon%2C_County_Cork

and scroll down a bit to "people", last entry.

Looks like it's all true after all!

Hyper

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Hypertension wrote:

Go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandon%2C_County_Cork

and scroll down a bit to "people", last entry.

Looks like it's all true after all!

" noted vacuum tube hi-fi designer ".

Bwahahahahahaaha !

" cyclist, music collector and critic, author, economist, psychologist, soldier
and advisor to statesmen worldwide "

Noted cyclist ! He must have posted this himself.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Hypertension wrote:

Go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandon%2C_County_Cork

and scroll down a bit to "people", last entry.

Looks like it's all true after all!

Reverse Negative: A Novel of Suspense (Hardcover)
by Andre Jute (Author)
12 used & new available from $0.25

Customer Reviews

A fine example of boring, May 2, 2006
Hackneyed and overblown, and lacking any characters of interest, originality or
wit. Has chapter titles like "Synthesis 9: Lausanne". A reader who doesn't grin
at that may enjoy this book, otherwise not.
I only read it because Jute wrote a not-very-good book about how to write, and
mentioned this book of his as an example. I wanted to see his qualifications,
and they are weak, except as an encouraging example that you need not be a good
writer to get published.

Impressive knowledge of grammar, November 24, 2003
The author is very competent in his use of grammar and has a good grasp of the
English language. If only he had a proper understanding of the art of telling a
story, this book might have had a chance of sustaining the reader's attention.
This pedestrian attempt at 'spinning a good yarn' was laughable in its
cumbersome but predictable plot development. The characters were no more than
silhouettes projected on a gossamer screen, so transparent that they simply
expired in the overblown prose.

http://www.amazon.com/Reverse-Negati.../dp/0393012166

Too funny. LMAO !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Hypertension wrote:

Go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandon%2C_County_Cork

and scroll down a bit to "people", last entry.

Looks like it's all true after all!

Andre Jute 'Start Writing Today' review by CPES, 10 Aug 2005

It's ironic that this book should be described as a 'guide for the novice
writer': chapter one reads like a computer translation from Japanese or perhaps
a rough draft that somehow got into print. The pages are sprinkled with grand
words, the sentences are unbalanced and rambling, and many of the statements are
simply not true. Although, if you can decode the English and interpret the
strange metaphors, you can uncover some good underlying points.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Start-Writin.../dp/0715398016

" many of the statements are simply not true " I see nothing's changed then !

I have laughed so much for quite a while wipes tears from eyes.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Hypertension wrote:
Go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandon%2C_County_Cork

and scroll down a bit to "people", last entry.

Looks like it's all true after all!

Hyper

From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandon%2C_County_Cork
"Andre Jute, noted vacuum tube hi-fi designer, cyclist, music
collector and critic, author, economist, psychologist, soldier and
advisor to statesmen worldwide has made his home in the vicinity for
many years."

Surely that isn't everything I did in my life? Where's the nine-foot
tall lifesize statue a grateful nation put up to me in front of my old
school (now a museum to my class of exceptionally gifted children),
unveiled by Nelson Mandela on my fiftieth birthday? Where are my
kindergarten prizes for reading the comics in six languages? Where is
my I G Noble Prize for the neddification of science? Where is my i-
Geek Internet Service Award for putting down the Magnequest Scum? And
what about the kite-flying competition I woulda won except the judge
was the little snubnosed girl's mother?

I really don't know. When you get into middle age, people start
overlooking your finest achievements. No wonder those already old
complain that they're invisible.

Andre Jute
"...noted vacuum tube hi-fi designer, cyclist, music collector and
critic, author, economist, psychologist, soldier and advisor to
statesmen worldwide has made his home in the vicinity for many years."
-- from the website of a proud hometown

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
west[_3_] west[_3_] is offline

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hypertension wrote:
[...]

Do you sell autographed editions of your books, especially the writing one?
Serious. Thanks.

Timmee
westley AT gte DOT net

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

I really don't know. When you get into middle age, people start
overlooking your finest achievements. No wonder those already old
complain that they're invisible.

With every due respect possible, Andy Warhole comes to my mind.
He said something like fame lasts 15 minutes.

They have paintings the Australian National Gallery that have made
some men famous, and the odd woman, but much is unsuitable even for
walpaper in a toilet imho.
I cringe at the daubings of some of the so called famous guys,
and include Jackson Pollock's Blue Poles.
But not if I owned the darn thing, and then I'd have to
hire a space in a bank security vault until I sold it.

Being famous sure doesn't make anyone great,
especially if they were notoriously imfamous.
Certainly every great man has a few damnable faults.
Every ordinary man does not need to conceal them.

Great is the man who recognizes greatness in others,
and never mentions himself.

My mum's generation who are in their nineties
have slightly deeper ideas about who was great, is great,
and who will be great, and they laugh at the kids of 50.
They sure remember the biggest arsoles!!!
That is of course, dependant on them keeping their marbles,
and I am blessed, with such a mother.

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

west wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...

Hypertension wrote:
[...]

I leave selling books to publishers as long as they leave writing them
to me. I'll send you an autograph copy of one of my books, if not
necessarily one of the books for writers (there are four of those). I
have long since given away my copies of those to the tax-exile writers
who live up and down the Carbery Coast here. There always was quite a
vogue for those books among established writers; Ruth Rendell
described "Writing a Thriller" opposite the editorial in The Times as
"...a private godsend". Send an address to my fiultra mailbox.

Andre Jute
"Noted vacuum tube hi-fi designer, cyclist, music collector and
critic, author, economist, psychologist, soldier and advisor to
statesmen worldwide has made his home in the vicinity for many years."
-- from his hometown's website

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
jim Gregory jim Gregory is offline

It is true after all. Much more famous is.....

People[edit]

Notable local figures include:
Comedian/ TV presenter Graham Norton, who was born and raised in Bandon.

jim