Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] traktorman@gmail.com is offline

Default am radio effect

Hello,

what would be the best possible tool/software for achieving that
effect? the signal must deteriorate in and out (like turning a radio
dial slowly out of band). the source is a speech recorded with cd
quality.
thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rsmith@bsstudios.com is offline

On Apr 16, 6:18 am, "
wrote:
Hello,

what would be the best possible tool/software for achieving that
effect? the signal must deteriorate in and out (like turning a radio
dial slowly out of band). the source is a speech recorded with cd
quality.
thanks

The simplest and most effective way would be to get one of those low
power AM transmitters, an AM radio and mic the receiver while playing
the source speech through the transmitter. It will sound like the real
thing because it is. The transmitters are typically around $35 to $50:

http://www.hobbytron.com/R-AM-1.html

bobs

Bob Smith
BS Studios
we organize chaos
http://www.bsstudios.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

" wrote in
ups.com:

what would be the best possible tool/software for achieving that
effect? the signal must deteriorate in and out (like turning a radio
dial slowly out of band). the source is a speech recorded with cd
quality.

A low-tech option is to record enough AM noise to fill your sample, then
mix that with a bandwidth-limited copy of your speech and play with the
levels.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Apr 16, 11:09 am, Carey Carlan wrote:
" wrote roups.com:

what would be the best possible tool/software for achieving that
effect? the signal must deteriorate in and out (like turning a radio
dial slowly out of band). the source is a speech recorded with cd
quality.

A low-tech option is to record enough AM noise to fill your sample, then
mix that with a bandwidth-limited copy of your speech and play with the
levels.

Thank you all,
for Carey's reply: do you mean that AM noise would act as a carrier or
envelope for the original sample?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

" wrote in
oups.com:

On Apr 16, 11:09 am, Carey Carlan wrote:
" wrote
roups.com:

what would be the best possible tool/software for achieving that
effect? the signal must deteriorate in and out (like turning a
radio dial slowly out of band). the source is a speech recorded
with cd quality.

A low-tech option is to record enough AM noise to fill your sample,
then mix that with a bandwidth-limited copy of your speech and play
with the levels.

Thank you all,
for Carey's reply: do you mean that AM noise would act as a carrier or
envelope for the original sample?

No, just mix it in as background. Much of the "distorted" sound of AM
radio is the missing highs and lows. The more bass you remove from the
speech, the "nastier" it will sound. The rest is the background static.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

On 16 Apr 2007 07:18:12 -0700, "
wrote:

Hello,

what would be the best possible tool/software for achieving that
effect? the signal must deteriorate in and out (like turning a radio
dial slowly out of band). the source is a speech recorded with cd
quality.
thanks

Here's something I just put together with Audition (Cooledit Pro is
still around free, I believe and it is similar). Using the multitrack
facility, I made a track of white noise, one of a sine tone, another
of some music and finally one of me speaking (that would be the final
wanted one).

I filtered each from 200Hz to about 4kHz - typical for AM radio, then
in the multitrack mode brought them up and down in level in an
AM-radio-ish sort of way.

What do you think? Is it the kind of thing you want?

http://81.174.169.10/odds/am_radio.mp3

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] traktorman@gmail.com is offline

On Apr 16, 1:35 pm, (Don Pearce) wrote:
On 16 Apr 2007 07:18:12 -0700, "

wrote:
[...]

Thanks Don, it looks like it might be the thing i was looking for.
thank you all!

R-1 effect no. 10 [email protected] Pro Audio 1 December 10th 05 06:40 AM
what vocal effect? Jonny Durango Pro Audio 11 September 2nd 04 02:46 AM
Effect of short on amp? JNewell Tech 7 August 13th 04 02:02 AM
What's that effect? squirlin Pro Audio 36 July 6th 04 12:50 AM
What's that effect? squirlin Pro Audio 0 June 25th 04 01:25 AM