Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] is offline

Default Web page listing album credits

Hi:

I have been there before and can not find my way back. Could
anyone be so kind to give me the link to the web page that
lists who is credited with the various functions on each album
release. I am looking for a list of the album titles that a
certain mastering engineer I am considering for a project has
mastered so I can find the ones he did that I have in my
collection.

Thanks in advance
dawg

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Deputy Dumbya Dawg wrote:

I have been there before and can not find my way back. Could
anyone be so kind to give me the link to the web page that
lists who is credited with the various functions on each album
release. I am looking for a list of the album titles that a
certain mastering engineer I am considering for a project has
mastered so I can find the ones he did that I have in my
collection.

It's allmusic.com. BUT, you should know first of all that it's not
very accurate, and secondly that mastering is below the line and often
not credited in the liner notes.

If you ask the mastering guy for credits, though, he should give you
a list of stuff he has done.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Deputy Dumbya Dawg
wrote:

I have been there before and can not find my way back. Could
anyone be so kind to give me the link to the web page that
lists who is credited with the various functions on each
album
release. I am looking for a list of the album titles that a
certain mastering engineer I am considering for a project
has
mastered so I can find the ones he did that I have in my
collection.

It's allmusic.com. BUT, you should know first of all that
it's not
very accurate, and secondly that mastering is below the line
and often
not credited in the liner notes.

If you ask the mastering guy for credits, though, he should
give you
a list of stuff he has done.

He has been at it for 30 years and has pages and pages of
credits on his web site. But just artist titles. He says
"Sheryl Crow" and I have 3 Sheryl Crow albums and all are
mastered by someone else. I was afraid it was allmusic.com. I
am just gonna have to ask him.

Thanks
dawg

Posted to rec.audio.pro
John L Rice John L Rice is offline

"Deputy Dumbya Dawg" wrote in
message news

Deputy Dumbya Dawg wrote:

[...]

You should let the group know who you are looking at (what is his name?).
There are a lot of engineers here and they know other engineers and they
will help you get a bearing on if this person is the real deal or not. Ask
over on www.gearslutz.com too.

Best of luck!

John L Rice

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] is offline

"John L Rice" wrote in message
"Deputy Dumbya Dawg"
wrote in
message
news

wrote:

[...]

Hey John:

The guy is Rodney Mills Masterhouse http://rodneymills.com/

He is real for sure and in my town of Duluth GA. He will let
us attend the session which is very important to us. The main
talent and I were at a Georgia Music Hall of Fame ceremony
where Rodney was inducted to the Hall of Fame for his
production and mastering work. He has quite a list of major
name acts, literaly hundreds that he has mastered on the
Masterhouse web page..

I just want to listen to some of his work that I may own, on
*my system* and then tell him make ours like "this one" where
"this one" is something he mastered.

peace
dawg

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Deputy Dumbya Dawg wrote:

I just want to listen to some of his work that I may own, on
*my system* and then tell him make ours like "this one" where
"this one" is something he mastered.

Don't believe mastering credits until you talk to the engineer. Part of
the problem is that when records go into reissue, each individual issue
might be done by a different mastering guy.

It was worse in the LP era... if you look at the Command Records discs, most
of them claim to be mastered by George Piros in the liner notes. But if
you look at the leadout, you will see GP there now and then, but occasionally
JJ (for J.J. Johnson), or LW. I don't know who LW is. When ABC reissued
all their old discs, they sometimes used the original matrices and sometimes
had them recut in-house so one side will be done by an ABC house engineer
and the other side by Johnson, but George Piros will be credited in the
liner notes.

At least with the LP you can look in the leadout for the signature and
the matrix information. You can't even do that with the CD.

Guido's new album Roger W. Norman Pro Audio 3 October 4th 05 12:52 AM
Please help with my album! Chris Pro Audio 3 October 20th 04 08:18 AM
Why does Jay-Z's album sound so bad? GDoxta Pro Audio 7 September 8th 04 03:37 PM
Recording an album Yisra'el Tech 2 July 13th 04 01:26 AM
Album covers. Al. High End Audio 4 April 6th 04 09:12 PM