Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] mtl777@yahoo.com is offline

Default Delta 1010 word clock sync at 44.1K

Hi:

I'd like to know if there are any users here of recently-bought Delta
1010 units that are able to sync well to an external clock source
through word clock BNC cable connection using 44.1K sample rate. My
Delta is having problems getting to sync with my Mytek Stereo96 ADC
under this setting. It is noisy (white noise/hiss) and unable to lock
on to the signal.

However, my Delta is able to sync perfectly through word clock BNC
when the sample rate is set to 48K or 88.2K or 96K. It is also able to
sync very nicely through S/PDIF connection using any sample rate
including 44.1K. The only problem is with word clock sync at 44.1K.

I've had this problem since 2004. Back then, my unit was RMA'd twice,
but the problem was never fixed even after M-Audio replaced my unit
with a totally new one. Then I found out from browsing the 'net that I
wasn't alone with this problem. It was a known issue with the Delta
1010.

Fast forward to 2007... After 3 years, I'm wondering if M-Audio has
finally fixed this issue with the recent releases of the Delta 1010,
hence my question.

I would really appreciate it if any Delta 1010 users, especially
recent ones, would try testing this problem in their setup and report
their results on this thread.

Thanks in advance for any experiences or opinions you could share!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
andrejs eigus andrejs eigus is offline

hello,

wrote in message
ups.com...

I'd like to know if there are any users here of recently-bought Delta
1010 units that are able to sync well to an external clock source
through word clock BNC cable connection using 44.1K sample rate. My
Delta is having problems getting to sync with my Mytek Stereo96 ADC
under this setting. It is noisy (white noise/hiss) and unable to lock
on to the signal.

i am having no problems syncing my Delta 1010LT with the TC Electronic
Konnekt24D over SP/DIF.

-andrejs

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill Ruys Bill Ruys is offline

"andrejs eigus" wrote in message
hello,

wrote in message
ups.com...

i am having no problems syncing my Delta 1010LT with the TC Electronic
Konnekt24D over SP/DIF.

-andrejs

The Delta 1010LT doesn't have the design fault. The problem is specific to
the Delta 1010 rack-mount unit only.

Bill.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] mtl777@yahoo.com is offline

On Apr 16, 6:28 pm, "Bill Ruys"
wrote:
"andrejs eigus" wrote in message

... hello,

wrote in message
oups.com...

i am having no problems syncing my Delta 1010LT with the TC Electronic
Konnekt24D over SP/DIF.

-andrejs

The Delta 1010LT doesn't have the design fault. The problem is specific to
the Delta 1010 rack-mount unit only.

Bill.

Is this something so hard to fix? Has M-Audio not fixed this until
now?