Posted to rec.audio.tubes
David Ginsberg David Ginsberg is offline

Default FA: two Marantz 8b power transformers, both types, NR!!

I usually don't like to do these kinds of posts, but the exceptional
rarity makes me feel that I should inform the group. Two seperate
auctions, one for an early type TP-5 for units with an aux power
socket, and a later TP-5A for all others. These are used items.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=010
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3720&rd=1&rd=1

Good Luck!
David Ginsberg
highestfi
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
David Ginsberg David Ginsberg is offline

Nah, I want to get them to someone who can use them to help revive a
couple of dead amps. As I noted in my Ebay listings, I purchased two
new universal power transformers from a company in the South (I'm not
sure, but I think it was Cary. The company was commisioned by Marantz
to re-manufacture the amps some years ago.... ) so I can run my pair
as monoblocks on 240 volts. I have to say there was a real nice
improvement using my 'free' balanced power. I'm running as much gear
as possible on 240 and I'm pleased with the result. BTW, my amps have
been messed-around with for quite a few years now (HEXFREDS, mylar
caps, the odd replaced filter cap, etc.) so I hold no illusions of
cashing them in for my retirement someday! I'm just enjoying how they
make music and have been for over the 30 some-odd years I've owned
them.

On 12 Apr 2007 12:30:23 -0700, "Bret Ludwig"
wrote:

On Apr 12, 9:32 am, David Ginsberg
wrote:
I usually don't like to do these kinds of posts, but the exceptional
rarity makes me feel that I should inform the group. Two seperate
auctions, one for an early type TP-5 for units with an aux power
socket, and a later TP-5A for all others. These are used items.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...pagename=STRK%...

Good Luck!
David Ginsberg
highestfi

You'd be way smarter to keep them. The amps will be worth more with
them than you will get for them.