Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
ostaz ostaz is offline

Default Mixdown-feedback

I'd just like to get some feedback regarding the EQ of these background
tracks. Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

www.synthesimusic.com/MeAndYou.mp3

Thanks,
Pete

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
Terry Cano Terry Cano is offline

The drums in the front before the Drum Set comes in needs help, Congas?
The Drum Set is O.k. - I couldn't tell if the moving part is Piano or Ac
Gtr.
I finally decided on Ac Gtr, is that correct?
Later
Terry

"ostaz" wrote in message
I'd just like to get some feedback regarding the EQ of these background
tracks. Any constructive feedback is appreciated.

www.synthesimusic.com/MeAndYou.mp3

Thanks,
Pete

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
ostaz ostaz is offline

"Terry Cano" wrote in message
t...
The drums in the front before the Drum Set comes in needs help, Congas?
The Drum Set is O.k. - I couldn't tell if the moving part is Piano or Ac
Gtr.
I finally decided on Ac Gtr, is that correct?
Later
Terry

Yeah, it's acoustic guitar.....well Yamaha keyboard guitar!

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
ostaz ostaz is offline

"Terry Cano" wrote in message
t...
The drums in the front before the Drum Set comes in needs help, Congas?
The Drum Set is O.k. - I couldn't tell if the moving part is Piano or Ac
Gtr.
I finally decided on Ac Gtr, is that correct?
Later
Terry

I actually was emulating a cover tune that had that sort of cheesy drum
sound. I don't know what it is!
Pete

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
Terry Cano Terry Cano is offline

That's fine as long as it is on purpose
With the Gtr part try to emulate the gtr style of finger picking
the sound sounds like Gtr but the part sounds pianoish.
Terry

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
ostaz ostaz is offline

"Terry Cano" wrote in message
t...
That's fine as long as it is on purpose
With the Gtr part try to emulate the gtr style of finger picking
the sound sounds like Gtr but the part sounds pianoish.
Terry

How about the mix?

-Pete

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro

I actually was emulating a cover tune that had that sort of cheesy drum sound. I don't know what it is!

That's fine as long as it is on purpose

So crap is OK as long as it's a copy of someone's previous crap? :-)

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
ostaz ostaz is offline

"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message
I actually was emulating a cover tune that had that sort of cheesy drum
sound. I don't know what it is!

That's fine as long as it is on purpose

So crap is OK as long as it's a copy of someone's previous crap? :-)

Yup. In this case anyway, since I'm being paid to reproduce crap.

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
Terry Cano Terry Cano is offline

The mix sounds pretty close may the drum set is a little hot.
The speakers I listen to at home were the internet is aren't the best for
the
critiquing mixes.
Terry
"ostaz" wrote in message

"Terry Cano" wrote in message
t...
That's fine as long as it is on purpose
With the Gtr part try to emulate the gtr style of finger picking
the sound sounds like Gtr but the part sounds pianoish.
Terry

How about the mix?

-Pete

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
Mark Mark is offline

On Mar 14, 1:16 am, "ostaz" wrote:
"Terry Cano" wrote in message

t...

That's fine as long as it is on purpose
With the Gtr part try to emulate the gtr style of finger picking
the sound sounds like Gtr but the part sounds pianoish.
Terry

How about the mix?

-Pete

I'm a rank beginner so take it for what it's worth...

I thought the tone of the music was "etherial flowing etc " except
the snare was in contrast in that the verb tails of the snare ended
too abruptly... almost like they were gated off... I would use longer
verb on the snare that fades off gradually so it matches the other
sounds...

i.e. move the drums out of the foreground and into the background with
the rest of the sounds...

just my 2 cents Mark

Posted to alt.steinberg.cubase,rec.audio.pro
ostaz ostaz is offline

"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 14, 1:16 am, "ostaz" wrote:
"Terry Cano" wrote in message

t...

That's fine as long as it is on purpose
With the Gtr part try to emulate the gtr style of finger picking
the sound sounds like Gtr but the part sounds pianoish.
Terry

How about the mix?

-Pete

I'm a rank beginner so take it for what it's worth...

I thought the tone of the music was "etherial flowing etc " except
the snare was in contrast in that the verb tails of the snare ended
too abruptly... almost like they were gated off... I would use longer
verb on the snare that fades off gradually so it matches the other
sounds...

i.e. move the drums out of the foreground and into the background with
the rest of the sounds...

just my 2 cents Mark

Thanks Mark,

Pete

Mixdown Question George W. Pro Audio 2 September 23rd 04 11:41 PM
Mixdown Question George W. Pro Audio 0 September 23rd 04 11:24 PM
Need Advise on Feedback / Feedback Eliminators Marshall Pro Audio 23 June 26th 04 06:05 PM
Q: Mixdown - DAT or Audiomedia 3?? David Newton Pro Audio 3 April 5th 04 09:24 PM