Posted to rec.audio.pro
Boris Lau Boris Lau is offline

Default What was the title of that mixing book again?

Hi there,

sometime ago someone recommended a book on mixing, and provided a link
to a Australia-based website where you can order the book. The book
seemd to be somewhat esoteric, IIRC.

I can't remember the name and don't find the link on google (web and
groups), does anybody have it?

Thanks,

Boris
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Boris Lau wrote:
sometime ago someone recommended a book on mixing, and provided a link
to a Australia-based website where you can order the book. The book
seemd to be somewhat esoteric, IIRC.

I don't know, but I _can_ recommend Bobby Owsinski's book on mixing.
Certainly available on Amazon, maybe even locally.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
I don't know, but I _can_ recommend Bobby Owsinski's book on mixing.
Certainly available on Amazon, maybe even locally.
--scott

Yes, I liked it so much, I've written a 10-page summary before I had to
return it. It gave me many little hints and tricks, but I want more ;-)

Boris
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 4, 9:10 pm, Boris Lau wrote:

sometime ago someone recommended a book on mixing, and provided a link
to a Australia-based website where you can order the book. The book
seemd to be somewhat esoteric, IIRC.

Could that be Mixing With Your Mind?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Smith Scott Smith is offline

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 4, 9:10 pm, Boris Lau wrote:

sometime ago someone recommended a book on mixing, and provided a link
to a Australia-based website where you can order the book. The book
seemd to be somewhat esoteric, IIRC.

Could that be Mixing With Your Mind?

That's what I was thinking.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Smith wrote:
sometime ago someone recommended a book on mixing, and provided a link
to a Australia-based website where you can order the book. The book
seemd to be somewhat esoteric, IIRC.

Could that be Mixing With Your Mind?

That's what I was thinking.

Yes, that's the one. Do you recommend it as well?

Boris
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ray Thomas Ray Thomas is offline

Boris Lau" wrote in message
Scott Smith wrote:
sometime ago someone recommended a book on mixing, and provided a link
to a Australia-based website where you can order the book. The book
seemd to be somewhat esoteric, IIRC.
Could that be Mixing With Your Mind?

That's what I was thinking.

Yes, that's the one. Do you recommend it as well?

Boris

----------------------------------
Yes,
The Australian book is "Mixing with your Mind" It's author has been a
regular, pivotal contributor to Audio Technology magazine here in Aust for
the last 5 years or so, and his hints have been condensed (and expanded with
new info) into a book
Here is the link to the Introduction by Sir George Martin, and the Contents
page:
http://www.mixingwithyourmind.com/contents.htm

It's a truly astonishing storehouse of new, groundbreaking facts and
techniques...and ties in with current left brain/right brain functioning
knowledge too. It's a very humbling and empowering text, like no other audio
theory/practical manual you will ever read. Scott Dorsey, Mike Rivers....do
you guys have your own copy yet ? Highly recommended !
Ray

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Mar 5, 7:03 am, "Ray Thomas" wrote:

The Australian book is "Mixing with your Mind"
Scott Dorsey, Mike Rivers....do you guys have your own copy yet ?

Not me. I don't have enough mind left for it to do me any good. But if
someone sent me a copy for review, I'd be curious to look it over. I
doubt that it would better my life so I'm not about to spend money on
it. I just push up the faders.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bobby Owsinski Bobby Owsinski is offline

In article ,
Boris Lau wrote:

Scott Dorsey wrote:
I don't know, but I _can_ recommend Bobby Owsinski's book on mixing.
Certainly available on Amazon, maybe even locally.
--scott

Yes, I liked it so much, I've written a 10-page summary before I had to
return it. It gave me many little hints and tricks, but I want more ;-)

Boris

Hey Boris,

Did you return the 1st edition or the 2nd?

The 2nd edition (published the end of 2006) is updated a lot, with
sections on mixing in the box, mixing for on-line distribution,
bass/drum level relationship, more tricks and tips and interviews.

I've not read Mixing With Your Mind, but the website sure makes me want
to.

--
Bobby Owsinski
Surround Associates

Author:
The Mixing Engineer's Handbook,
The Recording Engineer's Handbook,
The Mastering Engineer's Handbook
Thomson Course Technologies Publishing
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Bobby Owsinski wrote:
Hey Boris,

Did you return the 1st edition or the 2nd?

The 2nd edition (published the end of 2006) is updated a lot, with
sections on mixing in the box, mixing for on-line distribution,
bass/drum level relationship, more tricks and tips and interviews.

I've not read Mixing With Your Mind, but the website sure makes me want
to.

Hi Bob,

Good to see you here, so I can thank you for writing that book!

Don't worry, I returned the book to the library, not to a store. It was
the first edition from 1999.

But now I see that the 2nd edition is available for ~20 EUR (new),
compared to ~70 EUR for the 1st edition. So I might pick up a copy, and
update my summary ;-)

Boris

--
http://www.borislau.de - computer science, music, photos