Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Hafler P7000

I have always used Hafler DH-500's for all my live audio needs and love them
to death. I have been looking at the Hafler P7000 amps and was wondering if
anyone has any feedback on them that they would like to share. They will be
used to power my Cerwin Vega speakers models B-36A subs, V-37D tops and G-15
tops.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Jerry wrote:
I have always used Hafler DH-500's for all my live audio needs and love them
to death. I have been looking at the Hafler P7000 amps and was wondering if
anyone has any feedback on them that they would like to share. They will be
used to power my Cerwin Vega speakers models B-36A subs, V-37D tops and G-15
tops.

They are fairly clean sounding amplifiers, and are pretty solid. They're
certainly far better than the Cerwin Vegas deserve. I don't think you will
do better at the price unless you're willing to forgo stuff like balanced
inputs.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark & Mary Ann Weiss Mark & Mary Ann Weiss is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Jerry wrote:
I have always used Hafler DH-500's for all my live audio needs and love

them
to death. I have been looking at the Hafler P7000 amps and was wondering

if
anyone has any feedback on them that they would like to share. They will

be
used to power my Cerwin Vega speakers models B-36A subs, V-37D tops and

G-15
tops.

They are fairly clean sounding amplifiers, and are pretty solid. They're
certainly far better than the Cerwin Vegas deserve. I don't think you

will
do better at the price unless you're willing to forgo stuff like balanced
inputs.

If you drive the left and right channels off a differential balanced output
from a loudspeaker manager/crossover, the DH-500 becomes a balanced, bridge
mono amplifier. That's how I run mine, for driving midrange/tweets.

--

Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION • FILM SCANNING • DVD MASTERING • AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
www.basspig.com The Bass Pig's Lair - 15,000 Watts of Driving Stereo!
Business sites at:
www.mwcomms.com