Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] mirek.kukielka@gmail.com is offline

Default NE5534P Upgrade

What would be a suitable upgrade for NE5534P?

My first candidate at ths point is an OPA627. Are there any other op-
amps that would fit the bill?

Thanks, Mirek

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
What would be a suitable upgrade for NE5534P?

In what circuit?

My first candidate at ths point is an OPA627. Are there any other op-
amps that would fit the bill?

Depends on the circuit design. Also depends on how well the actual board
is laid out, too.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jwilliams3@audioupgrades.com is offline

On Mar 5, 7:50 am, (GregS) wrote:
In article , (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
wrote:
What would be a suitable upgrade for NE5534P?

In what circuit?

My first candidate at ths point is an OPA627. Are there any other op-
amps that would fit the bill?

Depends on the circuit design. Also depends on how well the actual board
is laid out, too.
--scott

When one thinks of upgrades, one usually keeps with the same type of
amplifier, either bipolar or fet.

I recently saw this national chip a dual bipolar, but rather
interesting. I have no practical experiance with these.http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM4562.html

greg

That's an excellent part, but is a dual. Try the new BurrBrown OPA211,
much lower noise than a 5534. If you need fet inputs, try the new
OPA827, better than a OPA627, an overpriced part.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
oups.com
On Mar 5, 7:50 am, (GregS) wrote:
In article ,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:
wrote:
What would be a suitable upgrade for NE5534P?

In what circuit?

My first candidate at ths point is an OPA627. Are
there any other op- amps that would fit the bill?

Depends on the circuit design. Also depends on how
well the actual board is laid out, too.
--scott

When one thinks of upgrades, one usually keeps with the
same type of
amplifier, either bipolar or fet.

I recently saw this national chip a dual bipolar, but
rather
interesting. I have no practical experiance with
these.http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM4562.html

greg

That's an excellent part, but is a dual. Try the new
BurrBrown OPA211, much lower noise than a 5534. If you
need fet inputs, try the new OPA827, better than a
OPA627, an overpriced part.

Any ideas why the spec sheet for the OPA 211 is lacking in info about
nonlinear distortion and load-driving capabilities?

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Arny Krueger wrote:
wrote in message

That's an excellent part, but is a dual. Try the new
BurrBrown OPA211, much lower noise than a 5534. If you
need fet inputs, try the new OPA827, better than a
OPA627, an overpriced part.

Any ideas why the spec sheet for the OPA 211 is lacking in info about
nonlinear distortion and load-driving capabilities?

It's a "precision" part meaning more effort is spent in DC
characteristics and amplitude characteristics than dynamic
behaviour. This will affect the way the data sheet specs are
written.

Is the OPA211 a Burr-Brown part or is it from the old TI Linear
group? My experience is that the parts coming from the Burr-Brown
division tend to be excellent for the applications for which they
are designed, while the TI Linear parts are... sometimes doubtful.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] jwilliams3@audioupgrades.com is offline

On Mar 6, 9:24 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com

On Mar 5, 7:50 am, (GregS) wrote:
In article ,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:
wrote:
[...]

nonlinear distortion and load-driving capabilities?- Hide quoted text -

It's new, hasn't been released and specs are still being worked out.
So, no bode plots or any other info. But it does sound very good. I'm
using some of these in some new designs and they are performing very
well. BTW, none of these new opamps have any drive capability. They
average around 25~30 ma output current. They work very well driving
high impedance sources and other opamp stages but other choices should
be looked at for cable driving. Or, pop in a current buffer like an
BurrBrown.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades

Posted to rec.audio.pro
GregS GregS is offline

In article .com, wrote:
On Mar 6, 9:24 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com

On Mar 5, 7:50 am, (GregS) wrote:
In article ,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:
wrote:
[...]

For my non audio app. I chose the AD795 over the OPA627. The 795 has lower current
noise and a reasonable price. Fast 1 v/sec slew, ha ha.

Who sells good sop to dip converters?

greg

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:
What would be a suitable upgrade for NE5534P?

In what circuit?

My first candidate at ths point is an OPA627. Are there any other op-
amps that would fit the bill?

Depends on the circuit design. Also depends on how well the actual board
is laid out, too.
--scott

When one thinks of upgrades, one usually keeps with the same type of
amplifier, either bipolar or fet.

I recently saw this national chip a dual bipolar, but rather
interesting. I have no practical experiance with these.http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM4562.html

greg

That's an excellent part, but is a dual. Try the new BurrBrown OPA211,
much lower noise than a 5534. If you need fet inputs, try the new
OPA827, better than a OPA627, an overpriced part.

Jim Williams
Audio Upgrades- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Jim and others who responded. I did try OPA827 and indeed it
is a very nice, well-ballanced and 3D sounding chip. I also tried
2604 and sonically I'd love to find something that combines the
quality of both. I don't think it exists The search is on.
Haven't tried the 627 yet and I am really curious what it will sound
like.

Best, Mirek

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Mar 7, 10:59 am, (GregS) wrote:
In article .com, wrote:

On Mar 6, 9:24 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com

On Mar 5, 7:50 am, (GregS) wrote:
In article ,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:
wrote:
[...]

greg- Hide quoted text -

Try he http://cimarrontechnology.com/

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] Mannr@uwaterloo.ca is offline

writes:

On Mar 6, 9:24 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com

On Mar 5, 7:50 am, (GregS) wrote:
In article ,
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Dear Jim (or other opamp geeks):

I'm interested in the OPA211 and OPA827, in *dual* and small (MSSOP/TSSOP)
format. But, they are not ready yet, it seems.

Can you recommend other parts, in particular, I need:
1) FET input (for ADC driver), +5V (single-sided) supply
2) BJT low noise, for +/-5V supply

These are for replacing chips in an Edirol R04, if you're curious.

Thanks for any help...
Richard