Posted to rec.audio.tech
awilli awilli is offline

Default Lost "punch"to Subs.

I have recently installed 2 amps(Power Acoustick OV4-600 Gothic Series and
a Concept 275M Mono Sub woofer Amp) The system was sounding good to start
but since this past week I've lost the "thump"of the Subs. One sub will only
play if you press in on the cone, the other sounds crackly. Anyone have any
ideas?
my

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

"awilli" writes:

I have recently installed 2 amps(Power Acoustick OV4-600 Gothic Series and
a Concept 275M Mono Sub woofer Amp) The system was sounding good to start
but since this past week I've lost the "thump"of the Subs. One sub will only
play if you press in on the cone, the other sounds crackly. Anyone have any
ideas?
my

Sounds like you blew your subs. Time for a recone or replace.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Todd H. wrote:
"awilli" writes:

I have recently installed 2 amps(Power Acoustick OV4-600 Gothic Series and
a Concept 275M Mono Sub woofer Amp) The system was sounding good to start
but since this past week I've lost the "thump"of the Subs. One sub will only
play if you press in on the cone, the other sounds crackly. Anyone have any
ideas?
my

Sounds like you blew your subs. Time for a recone or replace.

....and a change in listening habits as well...or a change in equipment
if not.

jak

Posted to rec.audio.tech
awilli awilli is offline

I thought that too.But I've hooked a spare sub up and it doesn't do much
either. The sub amp has a green light, so I guess it's o.k. Could it be the
ground? I've got it grounded to one of the back seat bolts. I cleaned it
real well with my drimel before I bolted it down. I need some ideas before I
go tearing the car apart again.

"jakdedert" wrote in message
Todd H. wrote:
"awilli" writes:

I have recently installed 2 amps(Power Acoustick OV4-600 Gothic Series
and
a Concept 275M Mono Sub woofer Amp) The system was sounding good to
start
but since this past week I've lost the "thump"of the Subs. One sub will
only
play if you press in on the cone, the other sounds crackly. Anyone have
any
ideas?
my

Sounds like you blew your subs. Time for a recone or replace.

...and a change in listening habits as well...or a change in equipment if
not.

jak

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

"awilli" writes:

I thought that too.But I've hooked a spare sub up and it doesn't do much
either.

THat's an important datapoint.

The sub amp has a green light, so I guess it's o.k.

Not necessarily. Just means that LED is getting power.

Could it be the ground? I've got it grounded to one of the back seat
bolts. I cleaned it real well with my drimel before I bolted it
down. I need some ideas before I go tearing the car apart again.

Can you patch the sub signal into the other amp and hang the subs off
it temporarily to confirm or deny the sub amp being the problem?
Might need to rule out a possible problem with teh preamp level signal
cable feeding the amp too, so be sure to do an A/B there before
declaring the amp the culprit when it could be the cableor the head
unit.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
X Promoting good netiquette | http://triplethreatband.com/
/ \ http://www.toddh.net/netiquette/ | http://myspace.com/mytriplethreatband

Posted to rec.audio.tech
awilli awilli is offline

I don't know what happened with my posting. I obviously had clicked some
setting with not knowing. Hope I have figured it out!
Anyway, Thanks for the reply, I will try your suggestion and let the
group know the results.