Espen Braathen

Default MIT 3i interconnects have impedence controls: Help Please

"Davidlown" wrote in message
Hello,

I just purchased the MIT s3 Interconnects with choice of changing

impedences
(the controls have low, medium, Hi). I have a Krell Kav300i and I'm going

purchase the Denon 5900 Universal player. I have no idea on impedence.

Could
someone please lead me to what impedence I should choose on the

interconnects?

Audiophile answer: Use the setting which sounds the best.

Tech answer: Don't buy interconnects with impedance "control".

Esp1

Mkuller

(Davidlown) wrote:
I just purchased the MIT s3 Interconnects with choice of changing impedences
(the controls have low, medium, Hi). I have a Krell Kav300i and I'm going to
purchase the Denon 5900 Universal player. I have no idea on impedence. Could
someone please lead me to what impedence I should choose on the
interconnects?

I use the MIT Oracle (III?) interconnects and speaker cables that match
impedances and they are the best I've heard in my system. It sounds like you
have two products with low impedences (solid state) so the "low" setting will
probably work best. If you check the specs on both of your components you will
find the impedances (input on the Krell and output on the Denon). You could
call MIT and ask a tech for a recommendation.
Regards,
Mike