Harry Lavo

Default Kudo's to Nousaine (with a qualifier)

Since Tom and I have often crossed swords here, I thought it appropriate to
point out that his recent survey of subwoofers in Sound & Vision is the best
thing I have seen on the subject. And it clearly points to several subs
that will integrated better than others for musical purposes.

And therein lies my one reservation. Tom provides the factual basis for
reaching that conclusion if you read him carefully and pay attention to the
bandwidth uniformity included in the charts. But for the average Joe, it
may be too big a jump. Whether Tom's choice or the magazine's, Tom does not
say "this subwoofer proved somewhat difficult to integrate from a musical
standpoint, and showed considerable bass overhang on bass transients such
as....." That sort of "subjective" information might have further helped
differentiate the Home Theatre "thud" champions from the musically
integratible contenders..

But overall a fine job IMO. Thanks, Tom.

Harry. Lavo
"it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing" - Duke Ellington