Mike

Default Speculation about Cramolin, Kontak, and similar wonder drugs

I've used many of these products and have found that Caig Labs' seem
to work the best. They have test data that was performed
independently by companies in many industries.

The Deoxit has never failed me and their ProGold products has
performed amazing results on computer and communications equipment.

Take a look at their website (www.caig.com). They have lots of
information for many industries. Seems to me they are very progressive
and develope products that work great.

Mike

I don't have any hard data to prove or disprove the effectiveness of
the liquids that are advertised as contact preservatives or
enhancers. Some people are making claims of majow sonic
improvements, but as I stated in an earlier posting, there may be
other effects at work.

But there do seem to be serious users of these products. Cramolin,
for example, has been around a long time, and has been used for
various aircraft and military applications (according to the mfr.).

The Cramolin cleaner (red solution) does seem to pull something from
a contact surface - or at least react with something to leave a black
crud on your cloth or swab. I'm not sure why this stuff is so oily.
Unlike powerful solvents like alcohol, ether and acetone (which
evaporate quickly), you have to work to remove the excess Cramolin
cleaner. The Cramolin preservative (blue solution) is also oily.
The directions recommend that you apply it very lightly, the less the
better.

I'd be interested in hearing explanations of how these substances
work. Someone on the net gave a version that described special
molecules suspended in solution. If I remember correctly, this
person claimed the solution was non-conductive unless it was in the
presence of a metallic surface and an electric field, whereupon the
molecules align and the solution becomes conductive. The fluid
allegedly fills the gaps between the contacting points on the metal
surfaces, and the overall conductivity of the connection is
improved. Perhaps, but maybe the preservative film is intended to do
nothing more than reducing the exposure of the metal surface to
airborne substances that would otherwise cause oxidation or
corrosion.
--
Julian Vrieslander
Neurobiology & Behavior, Mudd Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca NY