S. Brook

Default Symdex Epsilon - Information Desired

I picked up a pair about 18 months ago from one of the no doubt few dealers
who ever carried them. It was his demo pair and they were pretty much
taking up space in a closet that his wife wanted to reclaim. While he knew
a good deal about them, having been an investor in the company and having
had a hand in the original design, he did not have the full specs. The
product slick he had gave only dimensions, weight and sensitivity. He
provided me with all of the resistors for tailoring the bass response but I
have been running them full out since I brought them home.

I am currently running them with an SVS 20-39CS subwoofer crossed at 50hz.
Most recordings sound fine (generally good jazz and classical) but some have
noticeable problems in the lower midbass areas (usually "pop" recordings). I
want to sit down with a test tone cd and my spl meter to do some measuring
and see exactly where the response is going. Any information about xovr
points, db down points, response curves etc...really anything would be a
help. I love the speakers but I know a little more tuning is needed.
Thanks.