Carl

Default NAD c320bee problem?

Hi

I have just purchased a NAD c320bee amp and a pair of Dynaudio
Audience 42

the cd player I am using right not (pending upgrade) is an old Sony cd
player about 8 to 10 years old now. It has 4 times oversampling
written on it if that helps identifying how old it is

Anyway, the problem is this
1.) Volume right down = i hear a very very feint electrical humming
sound which is similar to those radiator heaters coming from the amp.
It is so feint that I only hear it if i put my ear right on the amp
where the heat vent grills are on top of the amp. No sound is coming
from the speakers, only the very feint sound from the amp.

2.) I disconnect the cd player with the rca's still plugged into the
amp = when volume is turned up to about 3/4 and above i get a buzzing
sound from the speakers which is faily loud

3.) Disconnect the rca's as well = no sound when volume turned right
up

Things to note:
*they are very crappy $2 rca's
*the speakers are next to the amp with only about 2 to 3cm space
between the amp and the speaker on each side
*I did the same test on my car audio system and there is no sound from
the amp or the speakers, it is completely silent. If it wasn't for
the ON led/light i wouldn't know it was on.

Do I have a problem?
Or is this normal?