MarkZimmerman

Default Any experience with Grado SR125 or SR225 headphones?

Anyone on here have experience with either of the above headphones? Am
thinking of getting a pair of Grados.
Best,

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago
Blaster

"MarkZimmerman" wrote in message
Anyone on here have experience with either of the above headphones? Am
thinking of getting a pair of Grados.
Best,

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

I haven't had any experience with those particular models, but I have the
Grado SR60 that I use while travelling. I use the Sennheiser 580 at home.

Wylie Williams

I sold these at my my store for many years. I liked them a lot; lots of my
customers thought they were the best for the money; the SR 60s have been a
"best for the price" magazine nominee for years; we had customers compare
the various Grados in the store and there was always a little better sound
as you spent more money.
As for the comfort - at first they had very hard pads, even a bit scratchy.
Felt terrible. I couldn't stand them. That sort of reputation takes a long
time to die as it gets passed by word of mouth. Now the pads are much
better; I thinl they are acccepatble. Since I only sold Grado headphones,
so I don't know how they compare in comfort.

Wylie Williams

"MarkZimmerman" wrote in message
Anyone on here have experience with either of the above headphones? Am
thinking of getting a pair of Grados.
Best,

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

JBDarmo

"Wylie Williams" wrote in message
[...]

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicagoe

I sell these now. The 225s have tighter driver matching and better cabling
than the 125s. The Grado phones have a smoother, more
laid back sound balance. Sennheisers for example have a more up front, in
your face sound balance. The Sennheisers are more
comfortable though.

Joe