Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Arny ! Why don't you STFU ?

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"Jenn" wrote in
message
In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article
, "Arny
Krueger" wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in
message
.
com

So put me to the test. One trumpet player, one
synth.

100 recordings. Lots of work.

How about 50?

That favors you, Jenn.

You name the number that would make you happy.

It would actually be more like 200, 100 of the acoustic
trumpet, 100 of the
synth trumpet.

I get it right 100 out of 100 or I leave you alone
forever.

But I like playing with you!

Looks like lose-lose.

It would be for you, yes. Let me sweeten the pot:

1. The synth of your choice

That would be synths.

Fine.

2. The trumpet player of your choice

That would be trumpets

Fine.

3. The room of your choice

For the recording of the acoustic trumpet or the
comparison.

What recording of acoustic trumpet? I said, "One
trumpet player, one synth."

For the recording of the acoustic trumpet it would be
rooms. Doesn't have to be a room at all for the comparison -
it could be PCABX, no
it *would* be PCABX.

4. I'm near your location in March

Irrelevant.

5. If you win, I claim that you are the King of the
Sonic Universe and that I have no musical ear at all.

This has no value to me at all. I would already putting
up $1,000 of recording time.

And I would taking a day off work, renting a car, etc.

If I win, all you have to do is admit that I was
correct.

Too easy for me, were the facts go that way.

Nahh, not worth it to me. No way.

OK. If you ever wish to suggest a DBT while arguing a
point in the future, please remember that I did every
reasonable thing to give you one, but got turned down.

You didn't get turned down because of the trifles that you offered Jenn, you
got turned down because of the unreasonable costs to me, and the complete
lack of tangible benefits.

But thanks for admitting that you think that

"I claim that you are the King of the Sonic Universe and that I have no
musical ear at all."

is something that I want.

For one thing I don't doubt that you have some kind of a musical ear.

Therefore, what you offered me is that you would lie.

Also note that Arny never even considered your "live"
proposal....he wanted to convert everything to pcm files
and have you listen using his computer comparator.

I considered it all right Harry, but I saw the many additional problems that
it would cause.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bertie the Bunyip Bertie the Bunyip is offline

Eeyore wrote in
:

Arny Krueger wrote:

You don't seem to know about what I have up my sleeve.

You *are* completely MAD.

Nothing 'up your sleeve' can make a dreadful synth sample sound like a
real instument.

Graham

netkkkkpion gpiece of ****...

Bertie