Posted to rec.audio.pro
conte conte is offline

Default news recording with a vx-2100. which microphon should i use?

hi

for a project at our university we have to record several news shows.
with a sony vx-2100 cam we film a speaker reading out several news
scripts.

so we are looking for a good mikrophone. we thought a about a
"tie-microphon" but we are not sure which one too use and which is
compatible to a sony vx-2100.

what would you recommend us?

thanks
sincerely
conte

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

conte wrote:

for a project at our university we have to record several news shows.
with a sony vx-2100 cam we film a speaker reading out several news
scripts.

so we are looking for a good mikrophone. we thought a about a
"tie-microphon" but we are not sure which one too use and which is
compatible to a sony vx-2100.

what would you recommend us?

Use whatever the university has in the closet.

You will almost certainly do better with a desk microphone than a lavalier. The EV RE-16
is a popular choice.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
conte conte is offline

You will almost certainly do better with a desk microphone than a lavalier. The EV RE-16
is a popular choice.
--scott

hi

thanks for the answer

can you tell me the advantage of this podium micro you recommend?
can i connect this micro to the sony vx2100 cam?
whats the advantage of a lavalier micro?

thanks
conte

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 11 Oct 2006 00:34:02 -0700, "conte"
wrote:

can you tell me the advantage of this podium micro you recommend?
can i connect this micro to the sony vx2100 cam?
whats the advantage of a lavalier micro?

Does this college course you're following have a tutor?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

conte wrote:

can you tell me the advantage of this podium micro you recommend?

It's pointed directly at the mouth rather than jammed under the chin or
on the tie, so it's getting direct speech sound.

can i connect this micro to the sony vx2100 cam?

Probably. It has a standard XLR output, so any camcorder with an XLR
input will be fine.

whats the advantage of a lavalier micro?

The talent can move around with it, and you don't have to worry about
a desk mike or a boom mike getting into the shot. If the shot is static
and the talent is seated there's no reason for it.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

"conte" wrote in message
oups.com...

You will almost certainly do better with a desk microphone than a

lavalier. The EV RE-16
is a popular choice.

can you tell me the advantage of this podium micro you recommend?

Clean sound, relatively low coloration, durable, little clothing rustling.

can i connect this micro to the sony vx2100 cam?

Yes; if the cam has anything besides an XLR mic input you'll need an
adapter.

whats the advantage of a lavalier micro?

Subject can walk around without getting off-mic. Until he or she trips over
the cord.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul F Paul F is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
conte wrote:

can i connect this micro to the sony vx2100 cam?

Probably. It has a standard XLR output, so any camcorder with an XLR
input will be fine.

Unfortunately the VX2100 has only a 3.5 jack audio in, although its
professional brother, the PD170, has XLR connectors.
To use a mic with XLR out you need to get or make an adaptor lead or,
better, use a Beachtek adaptor box that attaches to the tripod mount of the
camera. These things might well exist in the college already.

PaulF

Posted to rec.audio.pro
conte conte is offline

hi

thank you all for your answer

you helped me a lot

thx
conte

conte wrote:

can i connect this micro to the sony vx2100 cam?

Probably. It has a standard XLR output, so any camcorder with an XLR
input will be fine.

Unfortunately the VX2100 has only a 3.5 jack audio in, although its
professional brother, the PD170, has XLR connectors.
To use a mic with XLR out you need to get or make an adaptor lead or,
better, use a Beachtek adaptor box that attaches to the tripod mount of the
camera. These things might well exist in the college already.

PaulF

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 17:34:26 -0400, Paul F wrote
(in article ):

conte wrote:

can i connect this micro to the sony vx2100 cam?

Probably. It has a standard XLR output, so any camcorder with an XLR
input will be fine.

Unfortunately the VX2100 has only a 3.5 jack audio in, although its
professional brother, the PD170, has XLR connectors.
To use a mic with XLR out you need to get or make an adaptor lead or,
better, use a Beachtek adaptor box that attaches to the tripod mount of the
camera. These things might well exist in the college already.

PaulF

Use a Rode VideoMic. It's already wired to send audio to both tracks of a
stereo mini input.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com