Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] wizzzer@hotmail.com is offline

Default This is the coolest looking thing (Sony PCM-D1)

I don't record live music and it costs $1800, but it looks so cool.
I like the styling much better than the IPOD or anything similar.
I wish they'd make a $300 video/mp3 player that has this styling.
I love the analog meters.
The microphone looks like something Tesla would have designed.

http://www.generationmp3.com/images/...agecontent.jpg

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
eric eric is offline

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 12:38:11 -0700, wizzzer wrote:

I don't record live music and it costs $1800, but it looks so cool. I like
the styling much better than the IPOD or anything similar. I wish they'd
make a $300 video/mp3 player that has this styling. I love the analog
meters.
The microphone looks like something Tesla would have designed.

http://www.generationmp3.com/images/...agecontent.jpg

I dare you to put that in your carry-on luggage.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message
ups.com
I don't record live music and it costs $1800, but it
looks so cool. I like the styling much better than the
IPOD or anything similar. I wish they'd make a $300
video/mp3 player that has this styling. I love the analog
meters.
The microphone looks like something Tesla would have
designed.

http://www.generationmp3.com/images/...agecontent.jpg

This is old news - the Sont PCM-D1 was announced about a year ago.

BTW, it shows that Sony, at least at the high end of portable machines, is
abandoning DAT, MD, and non-PCM recording formats.

Yes it looks cool and the pieces taken seperately make some sense.

The worst thing about this puppy might be that used *right* to record a live
performance, it would be very difficult to read the meters or adjust the
thing unless there were a remote control. The meters would be at the top of
a 10-12 foot pole, hopefully facing down.

With a remote control/display module, and a long digital cable to the
offloading device, it could be useful.