Posted to rec.audio.pro
Philippe Lemaire \(remove oldies\) Philippe Lemaire \(remove oldies\) is offline

Default Unclipping software

Hello,

I own CoolEdit 2000 but I think it is too late to buy the plug-in
for unclipping ! Is there another solution ?

I see nothing in Audacity 1.2.3...

Philippe

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jos Van Dyck Jos Van Dyck is offline

Sony SoundForge has a plugin "Clipped peak restoration" to do this.

Jos

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julian Julian is offline

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 10:57:01 +0200, "Philippe Lemaire \(remove
oldies\)" wrote:

Hello,

I own CoolEdit 2000 but I think it is too late to buy the plug-in
for unclipping ! Is there another solution ?

I see nothing in Audacity 1.2.3...

Philippe

You don't have Effects/Noise Reduction/Clip Restoration?

Julian

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Norbert Hahn Norbert Hahn is offline

oldies\)" wrote:

Hello,

I own CoolEdit 2000 but I think it is too late to buy the plug-in
for unclipping ! Is there another solution ?

I see nothing in Audacity 1.2.3...

Philippe

You don't have Effects/Noise Reduction/Clip Restoration?

This was part of CoolEdit Pro and continues to live in Audition.

Norbert
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julian Julian is offline

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 23:23:18 +0200, Norbert Hahn
wrote:

Julian wrote:

You don't have Effects/Noise Reduction/Clip Restoration?

This was part of CoolEdit Pro and continues to live in Audition.

Norbert

Isn't that what I just said? The OP was asking about clip restoration
in CE.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RD Jones RD Jones is offline
Senior Member

Location: Nashville

Philippe Lemaire (remove oldies) wrote:
Hello,

I own CoolEdit 2000 but I think it is too late to buy the plug-in
for unclipping ! Is there another solution ?

I see nothing in Audacity 1.2.3...

Does 2000 support DX plugins ?
If so ...

http://www.silksound.com/geniesys/DeClipper25.exe

Later versions (ie, CoolEdit Pro 2.0, 2.1 and Audition)
include the clip restoration function.

rd

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Jos Van Dyck wrote:
Sony SoundForge has a plugin "Clipped peak restoration" to do this.

Jos

Not that cheap...

Philippe

Posted to rec.audio.pro

oldies\)" wrote:

Hello,

I own CoolEdit 2000 but I think it is too late to buy the plug-in
for unclipping ! Is there another solution ?

I see nothing in Audacity 1.2.3...

Philippe

You don't have Effects/Noise Reduction/Clip Restoration?

Julian

For CoolEdit2000 it was a plug-in to be paid afterwards...

But unavailable now :-(

Philippe

Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

Julian wrote:

You don't have Effects/Noise Reduction/Clip Restoration?

This was part of CoolEdit Pro and continues to live in Audition.

Norbert

Isn't that what I just said? The OP was asking about clip restoration
in CE.

CoolEdit 2000 was in the shareware philosophy till David changed his mind...

Philippe

Posted to rec.audio.pro

RD Jones wrote:
Philippe Lemaire (remove oldies) wrote:
Hello,

I own CoolEdit 2000 but I think it is too late to buy the plug-in
for unclipping ! Is there another solution ?

I see nothing in Audacity 1.2.3...

Does 2000 support DX plugins ?
If so ...

http://www.silksound.com/geniesys/DeClipper25.exe

Later versions (ie, CoolEdit Pro 2.0, 2.1 and Audition)
include the clip restoration function.

rd

DX should work !

All is downloaded, I shall try tomorrow !

Thanks very much !!

Philippe

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julian Julian is offline

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 20:40:02 +0200, "Philippe Lemaire \(remove
oldies\)" wrote:

For CoolEdit2000 it was a plug-in to be paid afterwards...

But unavailable now :-(

Philippe

Sorry for the mis-information!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

oldies\)" wrote:

For CoolEdit2000 it was a plug-in to be paid afterwards...

But unavailable now :-(

Philippe

Sorry for the mis-information!

No problem...

I wanted to upgrade to Audition but when 1 USD = 1 EUR
and you have to add Belgian VAT, it killed the old shareware philosophy :-(

Philippe

Posted to rec.audio.pro

RD Jones wrote:
Philippe Lemaire (remove oldies) wrote:
Hello,

I own CoolEdit 2000 but I think it is too late to buy the plug-in
for unclipping ! Is there another solution ?

I see nothing in Audacity 1.2.3...

Does 2000 support DX plugins ?
If so ...

http://www.silksound.com/geniesys/DeClipper25.exe

Later versions (ie, CoolEdit Pro 2.0, 2.1 and Audition)
include the clip restoration function.

rd

DX should work !

All is downloaded, I shall try tomorrow !

Thanks very much !!

Philippe

Sadly, today tries only led me to GPF in module DeClipper25.dll :-(
Shall it be used too from Cakewalk 7.0, PWT 8.0, Biab 2004 ?

Philippe

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julian Julian is offline

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006 22:18:52 +0200, "Philippe Lemaire \(remove
oldies\)" wrote:

Sadly, today tries only led me to GPF in module DeClipper25.dll :-(
Shall it be used too from Cakewalk 7.0, PWT 8.0, Biab 2004 ?

Philippe

Too Bad. It's a good plugin. I have it working in Cool Edit and
Audition. I'm curious what your OS is? I might have a solution for
you if you contact me directly. (remove NO SPAM from my address).

Julian

Posted to rec.audio.pro

oldies\)" wrote:

Sadly, today tries only led me to GPF in module DeClipper25.dll :-(
Shall it be used too from Cakewalk 7.0, PWT 8.0, Biab 2004 ?

Philippe

Too Bad. It's a good plugin. I have it working in Cool Edit and
Audition. I'm curious what your OS is? I might have a solution for
you if you contact me directly. (remove NO SPAM from my address).

Julian

I was able to lauch the plug-in in PWT8 and Cakewalk 7...
In CoolEdit it start with a "Default" set-up but produces a GPF !

I will check tomorrow whether the work shal be done in PTW8 and written back...

Philippe who has XP SP2

Posted to rec.audio.pro
RD Jones RD Jones is offline
Senior Member

Location: Nashville

Julian wrote:

Too Bad. It's a good plugin. I have it working in Cool Edit and
Audition.

It also works properly under SoundForge as a 3rd party DX plug.

rd