Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] justafingerpicker@yahoo.com is offline

Default Guitar splitter box??

Anybody know of an inexpensive guitar splitter box which would accept
one 1/4" instrument input and feed it out via 1/4" output cables to two
separate amps? Brand names and potential sources would both be
appreciated.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julien Bernier Julien Bernier is offline

wrote:
Nate Najar wrote:
wrote:
Anybody know of an inexpensive guitar splitter box which would accept
one 1/4" instrument input and feed it out via 1/4" output cables to two
separate amps? Brand names and potential sources would both be
appreciated.

Axess BS2

www.axess-electronics.com

Looks good...but $135 isn't my idea of "inexpensive"

Well, it is. Less than that you get a burger from Mcdonalds.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

"Julien Bernier" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
Nate Najar wrote:
wrote:
Anybody know of an inexpensive guitar splitter box which would accept
one 1/4" instrument input and feed it out via 1/4" output cables to
two
separate amps? Brand names and potential sources would both be
appreciated.

Axess BS2

www.axess-electronics.com

Looks good...but $135 isn't my idea of "inexpensive"

Well, it is. Less than that you get a burger from Mcdonalds.

But at least it won't make you fat and unhealthy. A big Mac alone contains
25% of the calories needed on average per day. And it's full of ****.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julian Julian is offline

On 6 Oct 2006 07:47:33 -0700, wrote:

Nate Najar wrote:
wrote:
Anybody know of an inexpensive guitar splitter box which would accept
one 1/4" instrument input and feed it out via 1/4" output cables to two
separate amps? Brand names and potential sources would both be
appreciated.

Axess BS2

www.axess-electronics.com

Looks good...but $135 isn't my idea of "inexpensive"

How much did you pay for your guitar? Amps?

Your application is not all that common. Whoever makes one of these
is not going to sell a ton of them. If they could sell a ton you
might see it for half the price or less. For what it is, supply and
demand, it seems fairly priced to me. You could try to build
something for less, but by the time you factor in your time, you'd be
better off just paying the $135.

Julian

Posted to rec.audio.pro
GregS GregS is offline

In article , wrote:
On 6 Oct 2006 07:47:33 -0700,
wrote:

Nate Najar wrote:
wrote:
Anybody know of an inexpensive guitar splitter box which would accept
one 1/4" instrument input and feed it out via 1/4" output cables to two
separate amps? Brand names and potential sources would both be
appreciated.

Axess BS2

www.axess-electronics.com

Looks good...but $135 isn't my idea of "inexpensive"

How much did you pay for your guitar? Amps?

Your application is not all that common. Whoever makes one of these
is not going to sell a ton of them. If they could sell a ton you
might see it for half the price or less. For what it is, supply and
demand, it seems fairly priced to me. You could try to build
something for less, but by the time you factor in your time, you'd be
better off just paying the $135.

How about M-Audio Audio Buddy.
I got one of them with that MXL-Audio Buddy deal
Guitar Center had. or have...
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/pro...ull_sku=703626

greg
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Fletch Fletch is offline

wrote:
Anybody know of an inexpensive guitar splitter box which would accept
one 1/4" instrument input and feed it out via 1/4" output cables to two
separate amps? Brand names and potential sources would both be
appreciated.

Go he

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Box?sku=180614

Cheap, reliable, quiet, small for $36.00 plus shipping. I use it all
the time.

--Fletch

Posted to rec.audio.pro
HSH HSH is offline

On 6 Oct 2006 07:15:15 -0700, wrote:

Anybody know of an inexpensive guitar splitter box which would accept
one 1/4" instrument input and feed it out via 1/4" output cables to two
separate amps? Brand names and potential sources would both be
appreciated.

When you mention "splitter"
I can't be sure whether you want to
SWITCH back&forth between 2 separate amps (either A or B)...
or whether you want to SPLIT the signal to obtain simultaneous
dual-output from both amps. (A or B or Y=both)

American Musical Supply lists their FX-pedals by type & function,
and here's the link for their "AB Router pedals"
http://www.americanmusical.com/sort....=02_51_292_474

They range from the INEXPENSIVE Behringer AB200 for $19.99
all the way up to the PRICEY rack-mountable
Radial JD7 Injector Signal Distribution Amplifier:

"The Radial JD7 Injector Signal Distribution Amplifier is a
multi-output guitar reamping and signal distribution system.
A Jensen® transformer equipped multi-output guitar reamping and signal
distribution system that allows one guitar to select and drive up to 7
amps at the same time all with push-button ease. Transformer isolated
to eliminate ground loops, hum and buzz. Balanced XLR in and out
allows playback of recorded tracks for re-amplification... get
creative!

Radial JD7 Features :
100% discreet Class-A circuit for best sound
Jensen transformer isolation eliminates noise
Equipped with re-amping inputs and outputs
Built-in direct box with Jensen transformer"

And it's ONLY (gulp...) $899.97

You can also check the offerings & prices from MusiciansFriend,
zZounds, Music123, & ETC.

You may also want to browse thru the User Reviews at Harmony Central.
http://www.harmony-central.com/User_Reviews/
Scroll down to Effects Browse By Manufacturer
to lookup specific Mfg + Models.

(I just read UserReviews to uncover faults or weaknesses,
and tend to discount the enthusiastic gushing...)

Happy Hunting !

HSH
=======================================
.... those days are gone forever...
.... over a long time ago...
=======================================
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:
Nate Najar wrote:
wrote:
Anybody know of an inexpensive guitar splitter box which would accept
one 1/4" instrument input and feed it out via 1/4" output cables to two
separate amps? Brand names and potential sources would both be
appreciated.

Axess BS2

www.axess-electronics.com

Looks good...but $135 isn't my idea of "inexpensive"

Then you'll be even less happy with the price on the Little Labs box.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

wrote:

Anybody know of an inexpensive guitar splitter box which would accept
one 1/4" instrument input and feed it out via 1/4" output cables to two
separate amps? Brand names and potential sources would both be
appreciated.

Many stomp boxes have two outputs, and there's always the Y-cable.

--
ha
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Fletch wrote:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...Box?sku=180614

Cheap, reliable, quiet, small for $36.00 plus shipping. I use it all
the time.

This is what I wound up getting, from a local vendor. I used it in
conjunction with a little Fender Frontman practice amp the other night
and got PRECISELY the result I was hoping for, all for about what the
fellow above quoted for the ABY box by itself.

Thanks to all for the input and insights.