Posted to rec.audio.pro
see me see me is offline

Default Small recording studio

Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?
Your friend from.....Shop till you drop honey.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rodney@mont-alto.com is offline

see me wrote:
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?
Your friend from.....Shop till you drop honey.com

Depends on what you want to record, now, doesn't it.

Rodney Sauer
Mont Alto Motion Picture Orchestra
www.mont-alto.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

see me wrote:
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?

Yes. But it will take a lot more to finish it.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

see me wrote:
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?

You won't get much of a room for that sort of money, let alone the equipment.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JP Gerard JP Gerard is offline

"see me" a écrit dans le message de
ups.com...
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?
Your friend from.....Shop till you drop honey.com

I guess... anything is possible... doens't mean it's a good idea...

JP

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Drums Drums is offline

M-Audio Delta 1010 $150.00. Dell PC $400.00 Condesner Micm for vocals-
$200.00
Software. 600.00. Spend the rest on a compressor and mixer and you would be
surprised what
you can do at home. You won't quite get prpfessional results but if you have
good ears
and learn what you are doing you can come close.

see me" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?
Your friend from.....Shop till you drop honey.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mr. Tapeguy Mr. Tapeguy is offline

see me wrote:
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?
Your friend from.....Shop till you drop honey.com

Sure, get a Mac mini w/Garage Band (included), monitor and a USB mic.

How much (or how little) you spend will dictate your setup's
capabilities.

I hope you're not really Mr. Spammy; however I would point out that it
should be "stop TIL you drop" as "til" (actually correctly written
'til) is an appreviation for UNTIL.

Craig (winner of the 5th grade spelling be)

http://www.pro-tape.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Thomas Bishop Thomas Bishop is offline

"Mr. Tapeguy" wrote in message
I hope you're not really Mr. Spammy; however I would point out that it
should be "stop TIL you drop" as "til" (actually correctly written
'til) is an appreviation for UNTIL.

Craig (winner of the 5th grade spelling be)

Unless he has an online store selling gardening tools. Maybe he sells
tillers and plows and things.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

"Drums" wrote in message

M-Audio Delta 1010 $150.00. Dell PC $400.00 Condesner Micm for vocals-
$200.00
Software. 600.00. Spend the rest on a compressor and mixer and you would

be
surprised what
you can do at home. You won't quite get prpfessional results but if you

have
good ears
and learn what you are doing you can come close.

Better add a few things:

Monitors (and a power amp to drive them if they're not already powered) $600
minimum (Tannoy Reveals?)

Room treatment $200 minimum if you do the work yourself, $500 minimum if you
buy stuff

Mic stands, headphones, mic cables, bits and pieces. $200 and up.

That's about $3000, if you really scrape. That will get you started -- and
Drums is right, it won't sound quite professional but it'll get you going.
You won't be ready to do a drumkit, but you can do a lot of other stuff.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben Bradley Ben Bradley is offline

On 5 Oct 2006 20:20:32 -0700, "Mr. Tapeguy"
wrote:

see me wrote:
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?
Your friend from.....Shop till you drop honey.com

Sure, get a Mac mini w/Garage Band (included), monitor and a USB mic.

How much (or how little) you spend will dictate your setup's
capabilities.

I hope you're not really Mr. Spammy;

Well, as the saying goes, I hate to be the one to break it to you,
but he is. Searching for as author in "Google Groups"
He managed to post the target URL without spaces in only six of those
posts.

however I would point out that it
should be "stop TIL you drop" as "til" (actually correctly written
'til) is an appreviation for UNTIL.

Craig (winner of the 5th grade spelling be)

http://www.pro-tape.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Drums Drums is offline

Yea, I did leave out the drum kit. ;o) Here is another Tip.
I didn't say this but maybe a buddy can let you try his software. Hint hint.
Shop Ebay and you can save. I saved 80 bucks on my 1010 Sound card.
If you don't have experience with ebay then I would not recommend it.
Not everything is cheaper but there are deals sometimes.As far as drums go
I use Sonor 3003's. They are discontinued but you can get a complete set for
500 bucks
with hardware. For another 200 you can get Sabian XS Cymbals. This kit is
Maple basswood.
Very good recording kit. It is comparable to high drum kit's. I tell you I
have had to improvise
and buy a piece here and there and I wish I had another 3k to plunk down. I
really want a control
surface next and a pair of reference monitors. Keep in mind that technology
has cone along way.
lot's of us home guys have better equimpent then Studios had 25 years ago.
It's like anything esle.
You can buy a digital camera now for 800.00 bucks that is as good as what
they used in portrait studios.
If you tried that 10 years ago it would have cost you 5 grand!

"Paul Stamler" wrote in message
"Drums" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lorin David Schultz Lorin David Schultz is offline

Drums wrote:

I didn't say this but maybe a buddy can let you try his software.
Hint hint.

You can also save a lot of money on equipment if you don't mind carrying
it out through the window when the owner isn't home.

I mean, as long as you're stealing anyway, you might as well, right?

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Drums Drums is offline

I love people. They are so predictable. I knew someone would say that.
I am sure everyone in here has a genuine copy of windows too. If it's
bothers his conscious he can always buy it later.
Make sure all you guys delete those mp3's you have. ;o)

"Lorin David Schultz" wrote in message
Drums wrote:

I didn't say this but maybe a buddy can let you try his software.
Hint hint.

You can also save a lot of money on equipment if you don't mind carrying
it out through the window when the owner isn't home.

I mean, as long as you're stealing anyway, you might as well, right?

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

"Drums" wrote in news:dnAVg.4707$0L1.1488
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

I love people. They are so predictable. I knew someone would say that.
I am sure everyone in here has a genuine copy of windows too. If it's
bothers his conscious he can always buy it later.
Make sure all you guys delete those mp3's you have. ;o)

And you do your gigs every night for free, too?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Drums Drums is offline

So you have no Mp3's or Bootleg software on your machine right?
Both of you take you holier then though BS elsewhere.
Im gonna throw up.

"Carey Carlan" wrote in message
"Drums" wrote in news:dnAVg.4707$0L1.1488
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

I love people. They are so predictable. I knew someone would say that.
I am sure everyone in here has a genuine copy of windows too. If it's
bothers his conscious he can always buy it later.
Make sure all you guys delete those mp3's you have. ;o)

And you do your gigs every night for free, too?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
DC DC is offline

see me wrote:
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?

You'll need a 9" piano.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] audioaesthetic@gmail.com is offline

Drums wrote:
So you have no Mp3's or Bootleg software on your machine right?
Both of you take you holier then though BS elsewhere.
Im gonna throw up.

ahh a Bush Christian
willing to lie, kill and steal
to promote peace and christianity

don't forget to go to church on sunday
that is the only time your god watches you!!!

do I smell sulfer???

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Drums wrote:

I love people. They are so predictable. I knew someone would say
that. I am sure everyone in here has a genuine copy of windows too.
If it's bothers his conscious he can always buy it later.
Make sure all you guys delete those mp3's you have. ;o)

You know, maybe you're okay with getting through life off the backs of
others, but don't project your **** on me.

My OS is licensed, thank you, on each machine I own.

I am not using pirated software. If I want it, I BUY it.

I do not download mp3s. I have a huge collection of mp3s only because I
have a huge collection of CDs that I spent weeks ripping. My music is
paid for.

Anything else?

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Drums wrote:

So you have no Mp3's or Bootleg software on your machine right?

Right. Wanna look?

Both of you take you holier then though BS elsewhere.
Im gonna throw up.

Did you mean "holier than thou?" Is English not your first language?
Do I understand you to say that you find HONESTY nauseating? Opposing
theft is "BS?" **** you and the stuffed animal you whack off into.
You're not only a thief, you're also a moron.

I only hope that someday your twisted sense of ethics comes back on you
(Karma, dood). It's easy to be kool with krackz when you're the one who
benefits, but it's a bitch when it comes back at you the other way.
Sooner or later...

I'm done. Feel free to puff up your chest and act all superior now by
telling everyone that you steal your way through life rather than
earning what you use, and I promise I won't call you a spoiled punk
brat.

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Carey Carlan Carey Carlan is offline

DC wrote in
:

see me wrote:
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?

You'll need a 9" piano.

I have a 9 inch piano. It's a telephone with a piano style keyboard.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Drums Drums is offline

You are talking about politicians in general, not just Bush.
Better delete that stuff on your box. You might go to hell. ;o)

wrote in message
ups.com...

Drums wrote:
So you have no Mp3's or Bootleg software on your machine right?
Both of you take you holier then though BS elsewhere.
Im gonna throw up.

ahh a Bush Christian
willing to lie, kill and steal
to promote peace and christianity

don't forget to go to church on sunday
that is the only time your god watches you!!!

do I smell sulfer???

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Drums Drums is offline

I think the only thing you understand is trying to come off
as being better then anyone else. Who cares. Yawwwwwwwn.

Drums wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Drums Drums is offline

I don't use my studio for commercial use. It is simply a hobby.
I get through life by working 9-5 just like everyone else.
If I Were going to profit from it I would certainly buy some software.
Don't project your "I am not a sinner Bull **** on to me".
Get over your self. I sleep just fine at night. I never said I was perfect
and I know your not.
Your just one of those assholes who thinks they are. ;o) I am sure you drive
the speed limit to.
Take your moral superiority bull **** else where.

Drums wrote:

I love people. They are so predictable. I knew someone would say
that. I am sure everyone in here has a genuine copy of windows too.
If it's bothers his conscious he can always buy it later.
Make sure all you guys delete those mp3's you have. ;o)

You know, maybe you're okay with getting through life off the backs of
others, but don't project your **** on me.

My OS is licensed, thank you, on each machine I own.

I am not using pirated software. If I want it, I BUY it.

I do not download mp3s. I have a huge collection of mp3s only because I
have a huge collection of CDs that I spent weeks ripping. My music is
paid for.

Anything else?

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Drums wrote:
I love people. They are so predictable. I knew someone would say that.
I am sure everyone in here has a genuine copy of windows too.

All of my copies of Windows are genuine, because I'm not smart enough
to know how to install a "real" version of Windows from any of the
"recovery" disks that came with computers I've purchased.

As far as having a buddy let you try out his software (I assume that's
the comment to which you posted this response), it's really better if
your buddy SHOWS you how to use his software. You'd have to be a pretty
smart person to just be handed a disk with a DAW program on it and
figure out how to use it without any instructoins or help.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
LosBenos LosBenos is offline

If you can use one you should be able to figure out all of them. They all
work on the same principles and they all do the same thing.
I can use any of em and since I have loads of software that my mate let me
borrow I have figured them all out.

I am a pretty smart person though...
Innit

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David O'Heare David O'Heare is offline

see me wrote:
Is it possible to start a small recording studio at home for $1,000 -
$3,000?

You'll need a 9" piano.

I have a 9 inch piano. It's a telephone with a piano style keyboard.

Now, isn't there a joke somewhere that involves a 9-inch pianist?

Nevermind, it's Saturday and I haven't started my brain yet...

Dave O'H
oheareATmagmaDOTca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Drums Drums is offline

Well I guess I am just a smart fella. It takes my very little time to use
just about any software.
I am up to speed on at least 20 programs including Autocad. Maybe only
dummies need support
and have to pay for software. ;o) what I don't want to hear is it's becuase
you care. That is total bull ****.

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
ups.com...

Drums wrote:
I love people. They are so predictable. I knew someone would say that.
I am sure everyone in here has a genuine copy of windows too.

All of my copies of Windows are genuine, because I'm not smart enough
to know how to install a "real" version of Windows from any of the
"recovery" disks that came with computers I've purchased.

As far as having a buddy let you try out his software (I assume that's
the comment to which you posted this response), it's really better if
your buddy SHOWS you how to use his software. You'd have to be a pretty
smart person to just be handed a disk with a DAW program on it and
figure out how to use it without any instructoins or help.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Drums Drums is offline

I agree. They all do the same thing. It's like a car. The ignition switch
might be in a different spot
but It don't take long to figure how to operate another car.