Posted to rec.audio.pro
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

Default Sony ECM 278 Battery Type

Does anybody know what type of battery these older Sony electret mics take?
I can find no reference to them on Sony's web site. My impression is they
were sold in the world market but not necessarily here in the USA.

Thanks.

Harry

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Harry Lavo wrote:
Does anybody know what type of battery these older Sony electret mics take?
I can find no reference to them on Sony's web site. My impression is they
were sold in the world market but not necessarily here in the USA.

The mercury batteries they used are no longer available. I think you can
probably get away with substituting a stack of PX625 types.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

The mercury batteries used are no longer available. I think
you can probably get away with substituting a stack of
PX-625 types.

The voltage is hardly critical. Any battery or stack o' cells that fits and
comes close to the original voltage should work.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Harry Lavo wrote:
Does anybody know what type of battery these older Sony electret mics
take?
I can find no reference to them on Sony's web site. My impression is they
were sold in the world market but not necessarily here in the USA.

The mercury batteries they used are no longer available. I think you can
probably get away with substituting a stack of PX625 types.

Thanks Scott (and Bill, below)

Sony Rootkits Mark D. Zacharias General 11 January 8th 06 02:42 AM
Sony Rootkits Mark D. Zacharias Tech 11 January 8th 06 02:42 AM
Power Question (Battery/Cap) Branden Nelsen Car Audio 28 October 27th 05 01:56 AM
FA Sony TTS-3000 SME 3009 Shure V-15 Type III 117v 240v rich9876 Marketplace 1 January 10th 04 02:32 PM
HOLFI Battery Powered Phono Pre Preamplifiers fm Marketplace 0 July 21st 03 11:13 PM