Posted to rec.audio.pro
BoogieBertil BoogieBertil is offline

Default Creative Audigy ZS laptop problems.

Hi!
I need som help getting my Aduigy ZS - PCMCIA-card sound right. My
laptop is a monstermachine with a 2Ghz pro, 1Gb ram, and 2 X 80 Gb
hardd. I usually run videoediting software with no breaks on.

But installing the creative-card I experienced bad performance on
analog recordings with microphone in both Cubase and Adobe Audition.
The sound stutter, jitter, and and show all signs of low transfer rate.

If I set latency above 100 it works, but poor. Watching the stress
meter, prosessing sound does hardly use any resources at all in the PC.

IRQ =20 - No conflicts. Then what's wrong?
I have tried to decrease the display resources. The "help" pages
advises to set some parameters
in the bios and changing the IRQ. This is Not accessible on my
HP-Pavillion.

Then someone in this group suggested disabling the speaker-config in
the Creative software. How?
(Have not done this)
Does anybody out there any comments beyond this that might help me?
I use the card only for analog recording (mic) in dubbing
videoproductions.

Thanks in advance, Bertil Jøreng.
Norway.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 29 Sep 2006 01:17:35 -0700, "BoogieBertil"
wrote:

I need som help getting my Aduigy ZS - PCMCIA-card sound right. My
laptop is a monstermachine with a 2Ghz pro, 1Gb ram, and 2 X 80 Gb
hardd. I usually run videoediting software with no breaks on.

Go to Device Manager. What devices can you disable while recording
audio? Try.

There's only only Windows XP tweak that matters - setting processor
Priority to Background tasks. Have you done this?

I have to remind you that "Audigy" is a word that goes with "trouble"
in serious audio circles. Maybe you just have to buy something
better.